Here we can see, “Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships”
Start your educational journey in Belgium. happy news The VUB Scholarship application period is currently open. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
International students are eligible to apply for VUB Scholarships for the European Master of Science in Photonics. A number of full scholarships worth 10,000 euros each will be awarded by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel to help students with the additional costs of living in Brussels.
Globally oriented Vrije Universiteit Brussel is a university in Brussels, the heart of Europe. Through specialised, high-quality studies and education, VUB hopes to actively contribute to building a stronger culture for the future. All applicants who intend to enrol at Vrije Universiteit Brussel will have the possibility to demonstrate their technical knowledge during the entry evaluation prior to final admission. Each grant application will be evaluated on the basis of competence and encouragement after our program has been approved.
Additionally, TheB-PHOT, the Brussels Photonics Research Group at VUB, provides talented academics with competitive scholarships. The research group in photonics at VUB may award all students enrolled in the MSc. A B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship without separate implementation operation. B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship recipients are required to complete an MSc. VUB thesis. Students who graduate with honors, demonstrate success in their areas of knowledge and application, and pursue a PhD at VUB B-PHOT will be encouraged to do so. The brand-new VUB B-PHOT Excellence Scholarships are now available to all new international students.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Study in: Belgium
- Deadline: April 01, 2022
The fields of Bridging physics, engineering, and photonics are the recipients of the studentships. Candidates with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering, (Applied) physics, materials sciences, or an equivalent are eligible for the program. These programs’ final-year students will also be taken into consideration. Candidates with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in another engineering subject are welcome to apply and join the program after completing a tailored preparation curriculum. You can combine this preparation curriculum with a certain bachelor’s or master’s degree program.
Applications for the preparation program of 30 ECTS are accepted from Belgian Bachelors in IR Architecture, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology, Industrial Science – Electronics/ICT, Engineering Science, and KMS Polytechnical Department. Details about the Dutch-language preparatory program for the Master of Science in Fotonica or the European MSc in Photonics can be found here.
Receiving a VUB Scholarship entitles the recipient to:
VUB Scholarships for European Master of Science in Photonics
- A number of full scholarships worth 10,000 euros each will be awarded by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel to students enrolled in the VUB’s European Master of Science in Photonics program. This grant is intended to help with the living expenses associated with attending school in Brussels. Each application will be evaluated for quality and motive.
B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship scheme
- At the start of the first semester of the first year of the MSc, there will be three $1,000 entry scholarships. The honorees are the top three pupils who met our criterion for selection.
- The top three students, based on their academic standing after semester 1, will receive three continuation scholarships, each worth 1500 euros, at the beginning of the second semester of the first year of the MSc. Additionally, applicants for the Continuation Scholarship who did not receive the Entry Scholarship will be taken into consideration.
- At the beginning of the second year of the MSc, one Excellence Scholarship worth 5000 Euro will be given out.
Eligibility Criteria for Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships
Candidates must meet each of the requirements listed below in order to be eligible for the VUB Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Required Languages: English. Language requirements for international students:
- A TOEFL-TEST, taken as recently as within the last two years, showing a score of at least 570 (paper-based) or 87 (internet-based)
- An authentic “test report from” (TRF) from IELTS that was produced no more than two years ago and has a minimum overall band score of 6.0
- Cambridge-ESOL: First certificate in English (FCE)
- Holders of a secondary or higher education certificate from an accredited Flemish Community institution are excused from providing a proof of language competency.
- Additionally, you are exempt from the language test if you have successfully completed at least one year (60 credits) of secondary or higher education in which English was the primary language of instruction (an official certificate must be submitted).
- Note: If the APS certificate or proof of English proficiency is not prepared by the deadline, you can simply submit it later rather than missing the deadline.
How to Apply for VUB Scholarship?
Please click the link to the official website at the bottom. However, the following are crucial procedures to applying for this scholarship:
(1) Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible because applications can only be submitted online through the application form.
(2) Include the following files:
- clear copy of ID
- motivation letter
- 2 recommendation letters
- Official bachelor’s degree or official graduation certificate
- Complete and official transcript of records BSc
- Official master degree or official certificate of graduation
- Complete and official transcript of records MSc
- Official language certificate
- Complete overview of bachelor courses content description
Visit the official website to learn more about VUB Scholarships: