The Villanova academic calendar shows when you can add or drop classes, when deadlines are, when holidays are, when exams are, when classes are, and other important dates. The school year at Villanova University is divided into three terms: Fall, Spring, and Summer. Most semester systems last between 14 and 16 weeks.
Villanova academic calendar fall 2022
Here are the important dates and deadlines on the academic calendar for fall 2022 at Villanova University. It also has the dates that law and graduate students need to know.
- Villanova move-in day First-year students start school on Friday, August 19, 2022. Returning residential students can move in from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, August 21, through Tuesday, August 23, 2023.
- From Saturday, August 20, 2022, to Tuesday, August 23, 2022, Villanova will hold its New Student Orientation.
- Monday, August 22, 2022, is the first day of school for law students.
- On Wednesday, August 24, 2022, classes for the fall semester at Villanova will begin.
- The last day to ask for Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory is Tuesday, August 30, 2022.
- The last day to drop or add a class is Tuesday, August 30, 2022.
- Monday, September 5, 2022, is Labor Day.
- The official date for the census is Friday, September 16, 2022.
- On the Villanova school calendar for 2022-2023, the midterm is on Friday, October 7, 2022.
- From Monday, October 10, 2022, to Sunday, October 16, 2022, Villanova will be on fall break.
- On Monday, October 17, 2022, classes will start again.
- By noon on Wednesday, October 19, 2022, midterm grades are due.
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022, is the last day to drop a class without getting in trouble (WX).
- After the last class on Tuesday, November 22, 2022, Thanksgiving break starts. It lasts until Sunday, November 27, 2022.
- On Monday, November 28, 2022, classes will start up again. The last day of class for law students is the same day.
- The test for Villanova Law students starts on December 1, 2022, and ends on December 15, 2022.
- Monday, December 12, 2022, is the last day of school for the fall semester.
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022, is reading day.
- Final exams will be held from Wednesday, December 14, 2022, to Tuesday, December 20, 2022. There won’t be any exams on Sunday, December 18.
- On Wednesday, December 21, 2022, at noon, the residence halls will close.
- Final grades for the fall of 2022 are due by noon on January 3, 2023.
Spring Semester 2023
Here are the important dates and deadlines for the spring semester of 2023 at Villanova. It also has the dates that law and graduate students need to know.
- On Friday, October 21, 2022, registration counselling will start.
- Late in October 2022, you can sign up for the Spring 2023 semester.
- Residents move into residence halls between Saturday, January 14, and Monday, January 16, 2022, at a certain date and time.
- Monday, January 16, 2022, is Martin Luther King Day. No School.
- On Tuesday, January 17, 2023, classes for the spring semester at Villanova will begin. All of the classes for law students start on the same day.
- The last day to ask for Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory is Monday, January 23, 2023.
- The last day to drop or add a class is Monday, January 23, 2023.
- The official enrollment reporting date for the 2023 census is Wednesday, February 1, 2023.
- On the Villanova school calendar, the midterm is on March 3, 2023.
- From Monday, March 6, 2023, to Sunday, March 12, 2023, Villanova will be on spring break.
- Classes will start again on March 13, 2023.
- Midterm grades are due by noon on March 15, 2023, which is a Wednesday.
- Wednesday, April 5, 2023, is the last day to drop a class without getting in trouble (WX).
- Easter break 2023 starts on Wednesday, April 5, 2022, after the last class, and ends on Monday, April 10, 2023.
- The Villanova academic calendar says that classes will start back up on Tuesday, April 11, 2023, after the Easter break.
- The test for law students starts on April 28 and ends on May 11, 2023.
- Tuesday, May 2, 2023, will be a Friday class day, and the schedule will be the same as a Friday (UG Day only).
- Wednesday, May 3, 2023, will be treated like a Monday and have a Monday schedule (UG Day only).
- Spring 2023 classes will end on Thursday, May 4, 2023.
- Reading day is Friday, May 5 2023.
- The Villanova Final Exam runs from Saturday, May 6, 2023, to Friday, May 12, 2023. There are no tests on Sunday, May 7, 2023.
- On Saturday, May 13, 2023, the residence halls will close at noon.
- Final grades for the spring of 2023 are due by noon on May 15, 2023.
- Friday, May 19, 2023, and Saturday, May 20, 2023, are the dates for Villanova’s graduation.
Visit the website for the provost at Villanova University to find out more about the academic calendar at Villanova. There are also the Business calendar, the Engineering calendar, the Nursing calendar, the Law calendar, the Graduate calendar, and the Liberal Arts and Sciences calendar.