The official Learning Management System (LMS) for the University of Tennessee Knoxville is UTK Canvas, which is also supported. We’ll look at how to use UTK zoom, myUTK, and UTK canvas in this post.
How to log into UTK canvas
To sign in to Canvas at the University of Tennessee,
- Go to online.utk.edu right away.
- Click on the picture of a canvas.
- Type your NetID here.
- To log in, enter your password.
- When you log in to Canvas, the first thing you see is your Dashboard. It has color-coded cards for your current courses that you can change, a list of things you need to do, and recent Feedback from your courses.
- Click the Courses icon and then the All Courses link if you can’t find a course on your Dashboard.
- Modules are usually where you’ll find things like readings, lectures, etc., in each course. Pages or Files can also be checked.
How to join a UTK zoom meeting from your canvas course
As a student at UTK, you can join your instructor’s Zoom meetings right from the Canvas course site.
Step 1: Login to the UTK Zoom Account – Authenticate
- In your web browser, visit tennessee.zoom.us.
- Click the button that says Create Account or Edit Account.
- If the sign-in page comes up, choose Sign in with SSO (Single Sign-On) and check the box that says Keep me signed in.
- On the next screen, for the company domain, type “tennessee.”
- On the login screen, enter your UT NetID and password.
- Use the Duo-2FA to prove who you are.
- Review the Getting Started with Zoom website and the Zoom video tutorials to learn more about Zoom.
Step 2: Access a Zoom session through UTK Canvas
- Open your Canvas course.
- In the course menu, click on Zoom.
- The Zoom dashboard will open in your UTK Canvas course and show a list of all scheduled meetings.
- Make sure your Time Zone is set to the time zone where you live before you join a meeting. Choose the right Time Zone by clicking on the pencil icon.
- Click the Join button if you’re ready to join the meeting.
Step 3: Install the Zoom application
Zoom Mobile App
Using a mobile device to join the meeting will automatically open the Zoom mobile app when you click Join.
Zoom Computer Application
If you’re using a laptop or desktop computer, you’ll be asked to join the meeting through your browser or download and run the Zoom app. You can choose either one of these.
If asked to download, save the file where you want.
- Once the file has been downloaded, click it to install it.
- If you have trouble downloading, you can start the installation again by clicking on “Download & Run Zoom.”
- You will see a dialogue box that tells you how far along the Zoom installation is. Once the installation is done, your meeting will begin.
You won’t have to install the Zoom app again for your next meeting. You will instead be asked to Open Zoom Meetings. This will start your scheduled Zoom meeting.
MyUTK portal is the University of Tennessee Knoxville student portal where you can see your academic history report, sign up for classes, see your schedule, check your DARS report, pay fees, see your grades, and get to UTK canvas.
Go to my.utk.edu and type in your NetID and password to sign in.
What’s your UTK NetID?
At the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, every student, teacher, and staff member has a NetID and password. Your NetID gives you safe access to a wide range of programs and services. Different campuses have different applications that need NetID authentication. Contact your local HelpDesk to find out which applications need NetID authentication.
Finding your NetID
If you don’t know your NetID, you can use the UT Online Directory to look for yourself and find it. Your preferred UTK email address and NetID will be listed in the upper right corner of your directory entry.
If you’ve been accepted but can’t find yourself in the UT Online Directory, don’t be afraid to ask for help at your campus HelpDesk. Some faculty, staff, and students will not be listed in the directory if they ask for privacy.