The University of Queensland gives an email address to each student. The Information Technology Services provide and oversee accounts.
Office 365 is a cloud-based platform that houses UQ email accounts. You should regularly check your student email because it serves as the primary means of contact at UQ.
In order to access UQ Blackboard and other crucial services, you need your UQ student email.
How to activate your email
The email link is located in the my.UQ Dashboard. Click it to activate your student email.
You’ll be sent to a page where you may create a password once you click the email link.
You will always be able to access your Office 365 account through the Microsoft Office 365 website. This implies that you can use it even after graduating.
Once your student email has been activated, you can access it online or create a mobile device mailbox.
How to check your UQ email
You can access your UQ email in one of two ways when your account has been activated:
- through the my.UQ dashboard
- on the Office 365 website.
Remember to use your student email address and email password when logging in via the Office 365 website.
Keep in mind that your student email username and password are different from your username and password for your student account. You can reset your email password if you lose it. Avoid attempting to change your email password via the Microsoft website.
Checking UQ email on your phone
Follow Microsoft’s setup instructions for Outlook for Android, Outlook for iPhone or iPad to configure your inbox on a mobile app. During the signup procedure, use your UQ student email address and email password.
How to add your UQ email to Outlook
- Visit the App Store and download the Outlook app.
- Open the Outlook app.
- In the “Email Address” section, enter your UQ username in the following format: firstname.lastname@example.org. such as email@example.com
- Click “Add Account.” The UQ Authenticate portal will be displayed to you.
- Tap “Login” after entering your standard UQ account username and password.
- Complete the setup of your account by following the instructions.
How to add your UQ email to Gmail
- Open the “Settings” menu in Gmail and choose “Users & Accounts.”
- Press “Add Account” first, then “Exchange.”
- In the email address area, enter your UQ username in the following format: firstname.lastname@example.org. such as email@example.com Click “Next.”
- Type in your standard UQ password and select “Next.”
- The next screen, click “Next” once more.
- If a “remote security administration” alert appears, click “OK.”
- To complete the configuration, tap “Next.”
About UQ email address
The following factors determine your student email address:
- If you first enrolled after 24 March 2011, your UQ email address is firstname.lastname@example.org (where xx may be a number).
- If you first enrolled before 24 March 2011, your UQ email address is email@example.com (where xx may be a number).
You can ask to have the “firstname.lastnamexx” portion of your email address changed.
Other email addresses that are connected to your account are also utilised for licencing and administrative tasks.
These are the addresses:
All of these addresses are forwarded to your main mailbox.
Email after you leave UQ
After you graduate, you can continue using your student email address because your UQ email address is permanent.
You can continue using the following to access your email:
- my.UQ dashboard
- Office 365 website.
You won’t get access to any of Office 365’s other features; just Outlook. Additionally, you will still be able to access my.UQ and change your Office 365 password.
When you graduate, send an IT request if you’d wish to close your UQ email address.