The following dates and deadlines are important for all uOttawa students, whether they are undergraduates, graduate students, or postdoctoral students.
Dates can be different for some programs and work terms, like Education, Common Law, Civil Law, Engineering, Medicine, MBA, Master of Health Administration (MHA), Health Sciences, etc.
Check out the uOttawa calendar for 2022-2023 below to learn more about important dates and deadlines for each semester.
uOttawa important dates fall 2022
On the uOttawa academic calendar, you can find the dates for enrollment and other important dates and deadlines.
- Regular undergraduate students can start classes on May 24, 2022, at 8 a.m. for first-year and newly-admitted students from CÉGEP or college.
- Fourth-year regular undergraduates will be able to sign up for classes for the first time on May 31, 2022, at 8 a.m. Having finished at least 81 units with good grades.
- Third-year regular undergraduates will be able to sign up for classes for the first time on June 14, 2022, at 8 a.m. Having finished at least 54 units with good grades.
- Regular second-year undergraduates can start classes again on June 16, 2022, at 8 a.m., as long as they have already passed at least 24 units.
- Graduate students can sign up for classes for the first time on June 21, 2022, at 8 a.m.
- On June 21, 2022, at 10 a.m., students in their second or third year of Civil Law or Common Law can start to sign up. Students in Civil Law must have already passed at least 24 units.
- On June 23, 2022, at 8 a.m., the first day to sign up for classes in the Faculty of Education is.
- Graduate students can choose not to have health and dental insurance from August 1, 2022, to October 1, 2022.
- For special students who are transferring units (credits) and uOttawa-Carleton exchange students, the first day to sign up is August 16, 2022, at 9 a.m.
- Undergraduate and graduate students can sign up as special students for the first time at one minute past midnight on August 23, 2022. For more information on how to enrol, graduate students should contact the appropriate academic unit.
- The fall term at uOttawa will begin on September 1, 2022.
- On September 5, 2022, it is Labor Day.
- Starting Point (mandatory activities in academic units to welcome all students) is September 6, 2022.
- The fall term at uOttawa starts on September 7, 2022.
- September 15, 2022, is the last day to sign up for a degree for the Fall 2022 Convocation.
- September 20, 2022, is the last day to sign up and change the courses you want to take.
- The last day a student can change from a regular student to an auditor is September 20, 2022.
- The deadline to ask for a break from graduate school is September 30, 2022.
- The last day to drop out of a class or activity and still get money back is September 30, 2022. (less administrative fees).
- September 30, 2022, is the last day to pay tuition without paying late fees. Check the Financial Resources website for the section on how to pay fees.
- The last day to get a full refund on your U-Pass is September 30, 2022. After this date, payments are split into parts.
- On October 10, 2022, people will celebrate Thanksgiving.
- From October 23 to October 29, 2022, Ottawa Reading Week will take place. No classes in the faculties of Arts, Law, Engineering, Medicine (except for the M.D. programme), Health Sciences, Science and Social Sciences, and the Telfer School of Management.
- On November 6, 2022, is the Fall 2022 Convocation.
- The last day to drop out of a class or event is November 18, 2022. (no financial credit).
- On November 18, 2022, students who are eligible for French immersion will have to choose their courses that will be graded “satisfactory” or “not satisfactory.”
- The last day of fall classes is December 7, 2022.
- Break from school is on December 8, 2022. In the MD Program, there is no time off to study.
- From December 9, 2022, to December 22, 2022, there will be tests. Exams are set up during the week and on the weekend, both during the day and in the evening.
- From 5 p.m. on December 22, 2022, until 8:45 a.m. on January 3, 2023, it’s Christmas break.
- On January 18, 2023, the final grades for the Fall term will be made public.
- On January 25, 2023, the official grades will be posted.
- On February 1, 2023, the last day to ask for a grade review for a final exam is. Please look at the academic regulations for information on grade reviews and appeals.
- From February 19 to February 25, 2023, students in the Arts, Civil Law, Engineering, Science, Social Sciences, and Telfer School of Management do not have to take their exams. Exam dates can be gotten from your faculty.
- From February 19 to February 25, 2023, students in anatomy (ANP) 1000-level classes can take exams that have been pushed back or added on.
For more information about important dates at uOttawa, go to the University of Ottawa calendar page.