The University of Toronto’s weblogin service, known as UOFT Webmail, gives you a single location to sign up for web services offered by the university.
One frequent name for this is a “single sign-on” (SSO) system. You can access services like the Portal and webmail as well as other weblogin-enabled web services after you log in to weblogin.utoronto.ca.
Access to protected services is made easier with a single login. Users can access numerous services by simply logging in once with a single JOINid/UTORid and password. Users can be verified by service providers without them having to manage their own password systems.
How to log into uoft webmail
To log into University of Toronto, U of T webmail;
- Go to webmail.utoronto.ca in a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.).
- The Weblogin page will be shown.
- Type your UTORid and your password and click Log in.
- You could be asked to run maintenance; you can choose to run maintenance or avoid it, and the system will then direct you to your UTORmail mailbox.
The UTmail+ email service, the Portal, the campus wireless network (UTORcwn), and numerous departmental services are just a few of the services that can be accessed with a UTORid.
Access to protected services is made simpler with a single user ID and password. Service providers are relieved of the responsibility of maintaining a password management system and users just need to remember one password.
UTORids for students are assigned during the registration procedure. To receive your TCard with your UTORid on it as well as a letter outlining how to activate your UTORid, you should go to the campus TCard office nearest you.
How to log out of uoft email
Using a function known as cookies, U of T Weblogin keeps data on your web browser. These cookies are deleted when you close your browser, which also logs you out of weblogin and any services that use it for authentication.
Look for the close, exit quit, or “X” button to close your browser.
Uses of UTORid
The services that need a UTORid and password are listed below.
- ACORN — Course selection, academic records, and financial records are all done using ACORN UOFT accounts. Login problems can be solved with the help of ESC (http://uoft.me/esc). You must get in touch with your registrar’s office if you are locked out of ACORN.
- Computer access on-campus — Numerous libraries on campus have computer access points. Workstations with unrestricted Internet access are available.
- Library online resources — You can use your UTORid or library barcode to access the many electronic resources that the University of Toronto has subscriptions to.
- Quercus (Canvas) — The learning management system (LME) used by the University of Toronto is called Quercus UOFT.
- TCard+ — Your TCard+ serves as both an ID and a library card, and you can use it to pay for items and services on the campuses of St. George and Scarborough.
- UTmail+ for students — The University of Toronto’s student email and calendar system is called UTmail+. The service is supported by integrated email, calendaring, contacts, and task lists and is powered by the Microsoft 365 platform.
- UTmail+ for faculty, librarians, and staff — The new feature-rich online e-communication and collaboration tool for teachers, librarians, and staff called UTmail+ powered by Microsoft 365 provides integrated email, calendaring, contacts, task lists, and many other capabilities.
- UTORvpn — Computers connected to the UofT campus network are the only ones that have access to some resources. Faculty, employees, and graduate students can use the UTORvpn (Virtual Private Network) service to enable access to these resources from outside the university network.
- Wireless internet access — Around campus, wireless internet access is available thanks to the campus wireless network (UTORcwn).
How to activate your UTORid
Your UTORid and password, which are the same as your JOINid, which you have already been given in prior correspondence, provide you access to online services including Uoft webmail, ACORN, portal, library services, campus wireless network, and others.
To make your UTORid active:
- Visit utorid.utoronto.ca and click the “activate your UTORid” link for First Time Users.
- Enter your JOINid + Secret Activation Key.
- Set up your UTmail+ email address*.
- Set up your UTORid password reset and account management options.
- All further emails will be sent to your UTmail+ email address once your UTORid has been activated and configured.
To activate your UTORid as a new student, you need a Secret Activation Key. This Secret Activation Key was either provided to you by another authorised U of T employee or delivered to you through email during your identity verification session with a TCard staff member.
How to verify your UTORid and password
If you believe you have the right UTORid and password, you can check by performing the following:
- Go to utorid.utoronto.ca.
- Click on verify your UTORid and password under Problems with your UTORid.
- Enter your UTORid and password.
- Click Check your UTORid.
- If your UTORid and password do not authenticate, visit Forgotten UTORid password.
Wait before trying the UTORid again if a notice appears indicating that a database issue has been resolved because some updates may take some time to propagate across the login system.
Why your UTORid password does not work
You should double-check your password if you know it but are still unable to access one or more UTORid services:
- On the UTORid Management website, click the verify link. Type in your UTORid and the password you think you know, then click Check.
- If you see the message “Authentication failed,” you need to reset your password since it is incorrect (see the article Forgotten UTORid password).
- Seeing the message After confirming your UTORid and password, try logging into any UTORid service once more, being sure to type your password precisely (remember that UTORid passwords are case-sensitive).
- Wait a few minutes for the modification to take effect if you see the notice There was a problem in our database and it has now been addressed. After that, try logging back into any UTORid service.
- Contact the Help Desk during business hours if the issue continues (see their hours of service).
U of T email faqs
Have further inquiries about UOFT email that aren’t covered below? Make use of the comment area.
What is your UTORid?
When you graduate from the University of Toronto, your UTORid remains active. Your UTORid and password are your access codes for the following services: ACORN, Quercus, Campus Wireless, UTmail+, UTORexchange, and UTORmail, as well as Library Services.
What is a JOINid?
With the JOINid, which is an identification number provided to U of T applicants, they can access a variety of online U of T resources, such as:
- join.utoronto.ca: the online community and application management tool for applicants to undergraduate programmes.
- myres.utoronto.ca: Any applicant can use the residence application system.
NOTE: You ought to have a single JOINid or UTORid. If you receive more than one by error, you might experience trouble logging in to U of T online services. To have this addressed, get in touch with the issuer or Help Desk.
What is the difference between a JOINid and a UTORid?
A unique identification for new candidates to U of T is the JOINid. Students at the University of Toronto can be identified by their UTORid. Although they appear to be identical, the UTORid gives access to many additional University of Toronto online services.
Can I change my UTORid
Unfortunately, even in the event of a legal name change, UTORids cannot be modified. A UTORid, on the other hand, is only utilised by the owner and is not visible to the general public.
How do I access my U of T email?
Visit mail.utoronto.ca and log in using your UTORid and password to access UOFT email. Additionally, you can use mobile devices like the iPhone or mail programmes like Outlook to access UTmail+.
How do I change my UOFT email?
You can only update the first name portion of your personal email address (email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to do so.
How do I change my UTORid password?
Go to UTORid Management and choose reset your lost password under Password and Account Management to change your UTORid password. Next, enter your UTORid, and then click. You are prompted to enter a new password on the following screen.
How do I order a copy of my transcript without an active UTORid?
You can order your transcript by following these easy steps if you don’t have a functioning UTORid.
- Go to https://transcripts.utoronto.ca.
- Find Ordering Methods by scrolling down.
- Search for Don’t have access to ACORN?
- Click Create Account and proceed as directed.