You will have access to UNSW email using Microsoft Office 365 after accepting your offer and enrolling at the University of New South Wales.
Please be aware that you must be registered in at least one topic in order to access your UNSW email account if you are a new student who just accepted their offer and is having trouble accessing it. You should be able to access your account successfully after 48 hours have passed.
When you pick up your student card as a new student at UNSW, you will also get a student ID. To access online resources at myUNSW, use this as your UNSW username along with your zPass.
For instance, your email address is zID@unsw.edu.au or email@example.com (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
Each student receives an automatic UNSW email account that they can use to access the free student email service.
How to log into your unsw email
To access your unsw email, simply follow the procedures listed below.
- Go to student.unsw.edu.au/emails in your browser.
- The “Log in to Outlook online” button should be clicked.
- Your username will be your zID@ad.unsw.edu.au.
- Your password will be your UNSW zPass.
- Click sign in.
How to set up unsw email on an android phone
- Go to the App Store and install “Microsoft Outlook”.
- Open the app and type in your email in the following format firstname.lastname@example.org:
- After redirecting to the UNSW login portal, type in your zPass:
- Your UNSW Email account is set up when you follow the setup instructions on the setup screen.
How to set up unsw email on iphone
- It is advised that you delete your old UNSW account before setting up the new one if you previously had one configured. Tap Passwords & Accounts to remove. Choose the prior UNSW account, click on Delete Account, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Tap Settings > Passwords & Accounts to add an account. Choose Add Account. Choose Exchange as the account type.
- To display the complete account settings, enter the account’s starting information and then choose Next:
- Username: zID@ad.unsw.edu.au
- Password: zPass
- Your iOS device should now be successfully set up for your UNSW email. To finish the setup, select the objects you want to sync and tap Save.
How can I forward my emails to another account?
You can transfer your university emails to another account if you’re a student and you don’t frequently check your UNSW email:
- In the top right corner of the screen, select Settings.
- Choose Mail from the menu.
- On the left side of the screen, select Forwarding.
- Click on Start Forwarding.
- Enter the email address you want to receive forwarded copies of your messages.
- Click Save.
Keep in mind to frequently check your UNSW email inbox for alerts that are crucial. UNSW primarily communicates with students via email.
What is zmail unsw?
You are given access to a permanent zMail account as a UNSW alumnus. The zMail email service is only available to former students at UNSW. The Office 365 email account that Staff and Students utilise is a different service.
The UNSW-managed and -provided zMail service is a web-based email service that is housed on the Microsoft Office 365 platform.
Your zMail account will be active as long as you continue to be a UNSW alumnus and maintain a link with the university.
Zmail initial login and password reset
- Using your zID and zPass for authentication, create a Microsoft password for your alumni email. Go to the Identity Manager if you’ve forgotten your zPass.
- To acquire a temporary Microsoft password for your alumni email, click the “Get my password” option.
- Visit outlook.office365.com and sign in using these details:
- Username: zID@zmail.unsw.edu.au
- Password: Microsoft Password.