Here are the important dates and deadlines on the UNC academic calendar for 2022-2023. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has three terms: Fall, Spring, and Summer.
UNC academic calendar fall 2022
Check out the UNC academic calendar for the Fall semester of 2022 to see what dates and deadlines are important.
- Appointments for first-year college students are from June 13, 2022, to August 4, 2022.
- Friday, August 5, 2022, is the first day that first-year college students can sign up. The most credits a first-year college student can take goes up to 18 from 15. UNC HeelMail is worth a look.
- The last day to add to a waitlist is Sunday, August 7, 2022. Today is the last day that students can use ConnectCarolina to put themselves on a waitlist for a class.
- Sunday, August 7, 2022, is the last day that new students can be added to the waitlist. Today is the last day that new students can use ConnectCarolina to put themselves on a class waitlist.
- On Monday, August 8, 2022, all Undergraduate students will be able to use Connect Carolina.
- UNC Sunday, August 14, 2022, is the date for the New Student Convocation. There is a ceremony for undergraduate students.
- Fall move-in day at UNC is from 9 a.m. on Wednesday, August 10, 2022, to 5 p.m. on Sunday, August 14, 2022.
- UNC Classes for the fall of 2022 start on Monday, August 15, 2022. The main class on campus All students start a new class.
- On Monday, August 15, 2022, late registration will start. For new enrollment, a late registration fee is charged.
- Fall classes can’t be added to a student’s ConnectCarolina schedule after Friday, August 19, 2022.
- Friday, August 19, 2022, is the last day to sign up late.
- On the UNC academic calendar, the Waitlist Purged date is Monday, August 22, 2022.
- On Friday, August 26, 2022, students or schools/departments will no longer be able to drop a ConnectCarolina class and reduce their course load. Their tuition will be adjusted, and there will be no record of the class.
- Applications for an undergraduate degree for December 2022 are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, August 26, 2022.
- Friday, August 26, 2022 is the official University Enrollment Reporting Date (also known as the Census Date). On Saturday, August 27, 2022, at 5 p.m., the Undergraduate Class Drop (On Record) Period starts.
- On the UNC school calendar, Labor Day is on Monday, September 5, 2022.
- Tuesday, September 6, 2022, and Monday, September 26, 2022, are well-being days. No Classes are Held on these days.
- Graduate and Professional degree application for Fall 2022 closes in ConnectCarolina on Friday, September 30 2022.
- Undergraduate class drop (on record) ends on Friday, October 7 2022. The last day for undergraduate students to drop classes in ConnectCarolina with a withdrawal grade notation.
- Students have until Friday, October 7, 2022 to say whether they passed or failed a class.
- Friday, October 7, 2022, is the last day for Graduate and Professional students to drop regularly scheduled classes in ConnectCarolina.
- Wednesday, October 12, 2022, is University Day. From 3:20 to 4:40 pm, there are no classes.
- UNC From Thursday, October 20, 2022, to Friday, October 21, 2022, it will be fall break.
- The deadline for graduate student dissertations is November 16, 2022.
- The last day to drop a graduate administrative class is November 16, 2022, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The last day that graduate students can ask to be dropped from a regularly scheduled class for administrative reasons.
- UNC From Wednesday, November 23, 2022, to Friday, November 25, 2022, is Thanksgiving break.
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022, is the last day of fall classes at UNC.
- According to the UNC academic calendar, Graduate Students’ ABs and INs from the previous Fall Semester will change to F* on Wednesday, November 30, 2022.
- The last Undergraduate Academic Progress Report will be due on November 30, 2022. ConnectCarolina is done with the academic progress reports for first-year students.
- Thursday, December 1, 2022, and Wednesday, December 7, 2022, are reading days.
- From Friday, December 2, 2022, to Friday, December 9, 2022, there will be tests.
- Sunday, December 11, 2022, is the date of the UNC Fall Commencement and Graduation.
- Absences (ABs) and incompletes (INs) from the Spring and Summer sessions of 2022 will change to F* on Friday, December 9, 2022 for Undergraduate Students.
UNC academic calendar spring 2023
Check out the UNC academic calendar for the Spring semester of 2023 to learn about important dates and deadlines.
- Monday, January 9, 2023, is the first day of spring classes at UNC.
- Friday, January 13, 2023, is the last day to sign up late.
- Monday, February 13, 2023, Tuesday, February 14, 2023, and Thursday, April 6, 2023, are well-being days.
- On the UNC academic calendar for 2023, the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday is on Monday, January 16, 2023.
- UNC From Friday, March 13, 2023, to Sunday, March 19, 2023, is spring break.
- Classes start back up on March 20, 2023.
- The spring break is on April 7, 2023.
- UNC On April 28, 2023, the last day of spring classes,
- Saturday, April 29, Wednesday, May 3, and Saturday, May 6, 2023, are reading days.
- UNC exam days are Monday, May 1, Tuesday, May 2, Thursday, May 4, Friday, May 5 Monday, May 8, Tuesday, and May 9, 2023.
- On Sunday, May 14, 2023, the Spring 2023 Commencement and Graduation will take place.
Visit the page for the registrar at the University of North Carolina to learn more about the UNC academic calendar.