The University of Georgia has a set of web-based tools called UGA Mail through Microsoft Office 365.
How to log in to UGA Mail account
The following places have access to UGA Mail:
- MyUGA Portal
- UGAMail homepage
To log in,
- Visit ugamail.uga.edu.
- Simply select “Log in to UGAMail”
- Enter your email on the Microsoft Outlook page.
- Then, enter your password and access your emails by clicking “Next.”
Make sure you are going to ugamail.uga.edu, which is the right website address. On the UGAMail icon, click. You’ll be taken to the Office 365 login page for Microsoft.
Make sure you enter your UGA Mail address in its entirety, including the “@uga.edu,” on the login screen. Using “email@example.com,” for instance. the password for your UGA Mail account, and then enter.
You must use ArchPass to log in if you are off-campus. When signing into email, make sure your registered device is nearby.
A UGA Mail email address is automatically created if you create a MyID. Some students could decide to choose a different email address than their official UGA Mail account to receive their email.
Any student who chooses to forward UGA Mail emails to another email account does so at their own risk and is fully responsible for reading the emails at the new address.
At least once each week, students are required to check their university email account or the account to which their university email is forwarded.
This rule applies to the email address that appears in the UGA Online Phonebook, it should be mentioned. Any student whose email address is included in the online directory has not chosen to restrict directory information.
How to set up your UGA MyID and MyID profile
Here’s how to set up your UGA MyID Profile.
- An email from firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to you. The alternative email you provide the University will receive this message.
- This email will provide your MyID username and instructions for setting up your MyID password.
- Open the email and click the link to set up your MyID password. It will appear like “myidprofile.uga.edu/passwordReset/initial”.
- It should now be possible for you to reset your MyID password. Click verify MyID in the lower left corner of the page after entering your MyID username.
- On the Change, Your MyID Password screen set your password. Guidelines for UGA passwords are described at the bottom of this page.
- Click change password at the bottom right of the page after entering your password.
- You ought to now be on a page indicating that the password change was successful. On the page’s bottom right, click login now.
- Use your MyID username and recently created MyID password to log in.
- The MyID Profile Page has now loaded once you logged in. You will then need to:
- Set up your Security Questions
- Set up your verification method
Set up your security questions
- Click Your Secret Questions on the MyID Profile Page’s step 1 under “Your Secret Questions.”
- The first two questions are inquiries about yourself. You came up with the queries and the solutions. You should fill these out with questions and answers that you can recall but that are also difficult to ascertain. Don’t use it if someone can locate it on Facebook.
- Your security questions are the final three questions. You will pick a question from the list and then provide each a response. Make sure the responses are ones you can recall!
- Click Save Secret Questions in the bottom left corner of the page once all the questions and answers have been entered.
Setup your verification method
To verify using your mobile device:
- Under step 2, click verify with your mobile device.
- Click Register Mobile Phone after entering the desired mobile device’s phone number.
- A passcode-containing text message will be sent to your phone. To get to your phone, it can take up to 30 minutes.
- Your device is officially registered when you enter the passcode you were given!
In order to confirm using an outside (non-UGA) email:
- Click Verify with External Email under Step 2.
- Enter your preferred email address here. Note that you shouldn’t use this as your UGA e-mail address.
- To register an email address, click.
- You’ll be prompted for a passcode. Please visit the email address you provided. We’ll send you a message with the passcode in it. Your email can take up to 30 minutes to arrive.
- Your email is now registered when you enter the passcode you were given.
How to change your email alias
Here’s how to modify your email alias for UGA Mail.
- Head to myid.uga.edu
- Click on “Change UGAMail Address” in the left column.
- Use your current MyID and password to log in.
- Select “Create New Email” from the menu. If you’ve previously modified your alias, select “Edit” next to the final entry in the list.
- The “New UGAMail Address” area should be filled out with the address exactly as you want it to look. In relation to this address:
- Small letters and digits are allowed, but it cannot only be numbers.
- There can only be one period and no other symbols (e.g. ,:@!).
- It must have a minimum of two and a maximum of 30 characters.