In addition to various affiliates, UC San Diego offers an email address for its staff, teachers, and students. The kind of email account and support services that are available to you depend on your affiliation and department. Observe the directions to get a UCSD email address.
A few days after submitting your Statement of Intent to Register, new students will get UCSD email accounts (SIR). See the instructions on how to activate and access your student account to set up your email account.
An email address from UCSD will no longer be available to past students. The Alumni Association offers UCSD forwarding email address service for alums who wish to keep their UCSD email address active.
How to check your UCSD email
From a private or public computer, securely access your UC San Diego email:
- Go to mail.ucsd.edu in your web browser to access UCSD Web Access.
- To view your email, enter your AD login and password and click Log On.
- Typically, the part of your email address before the @ sign is your username.
- For instructions if you use a different email server than mail.ucsd.edu, get in touch with your system administrator or the ITS Service Desk.
How to activate and access your new student account
In order to activate and access their new UC San Diego email account, new incoming students can follow these procedures.
This student account is utilised for email as well as other ITS-supported services and systems, including the UCSD Canvas learning management system, WiFi networks, WebReg UCSD, and UCSD VPN.
Find your username and email
- Navigate to the Student Account Lookup tool.
- Enter your Last Name and Student PID under the “Forgot Username?” option, then click “Submit” to view your account username.
- The button with your account username should be clicked.
- Your account information and your official UC San Diego email address will be displayed. Information regarding computing resources will also be shown by this tool once you have registered for classes.
- You ought to see a Change Password link in the New Students account activation alert at the top.
NOTE: After you accept your admission offer in Slate, it can take 1-2 business days for your account to become active. Please try again in a day or so if your account cannot be found despite the fact that you recently approved.
Set your password
- When you are aware of your username, select the Change Password button.
- Find the first option for changing your password, Use your initial MyTritonLink/Triton Checklist password as your current password if you know any functional ones, and enter a password for your ETS student account (you may reset the same password at this step).
- You must utilise the link in the If you don’t know your existing password part to reset your password by responding to your security question if your current password is not recognised, even if it is valid for MyTritonLink.
- When your new password is set to take effect across all platforms, you will be informed via a confirmation screen if the password change was successful. Typically, this will take less than 15 minutes.
Log into your email
- You can access your student email and configure email on your device once your account is set up. UC San Diego Gmail will be the only way for new undergraduate students and the majority of new graduate students to access student email.
- The Student Account Lookup tool can help you locate your student email if you’re not sure where it is or how to access it.
How to read your UCSD email on your iPhone or iPad
- Enable IMAP
- Sign in to UC San Diego Gmail at gmail.ucsd.edu.
- Click Add Account or choose your UC San Diego email address.
- Select Settings by clicking on the gear symbol.
- Select Enable IMAP from the Forwarding and POP/IMAP menu.
- Click Save Changes.
- Add Account to iOS
- Open the Settings application, then go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Select Add Account → Google.
- Sign in with your Google Account
- Email: Your UC San Diego email address
- Password: Your password