All UCF students use Knights Email as their primary email service. Although Microsoft hosts and powers the email system, UCF retains control over the accounts. Knights Email is used for all official messages from the university.
The UCF students-only edition of Microsoft Outlook Live serves as the email system for the knights. It offers a selection of cost-free hosted communication and collaboration options to UCF students.
How to log into your knights email account
To access your UCF email,
- Navigate to knightsemail.ucf.edu
- Click Knights Account Login.
- Sign in with your email address and password.
- You will need to reset your password if you can’t remember it.
How to create your knights email account
Knights Email will function as your email account at the University of Central Florida once you sign up for it. Your Network Identification (NID) username won’t be fully activated if you are a first-time UCF student until the first day of class. Please follow the instructions below to create your Knights email address without having to check in with your NID.
You will be able to create a UCF Knights Email once you have received official admission as a UCF student.
Click the create account button if you are a retired professor with an active NID.
If you are an alum, rest assured that we will soon offer this service to all alums.
creating an account
To create your account,
- Sign on to the myUCF portal and select the Knights email link. Once the page opens, click the “Create Account” button to create your new Knights email address.
- Choose Knights Email from the myUCF menu.
- Select Create Account when the Knights Email page (www.knightsemail.ucf.edu) loads.
- Type your desired Knights Email account name. Select a suitable account name because this will be your official UCF email address that you will use to contact your teachers.
- Choose a different email from the dropdown menu.
- Two confirmation emails will be sent to the alternative email address you supplied after the request to create your account has been submitted. The first one has the name of your Knights account, and the second one contains the temporary password for your Knights Email account.
- A confirmation email for your email address will be sent when your account is created, and a confirmation email for your password will be issued when your account is ready for you to log in.
How to reset your Knights Email password
The steps listed below should be followed to reset your email password:
- Go to my.ucf.edu and sign in to your myUCF account with your NID and NID password.
- Make sure there is a non-UCF and non-Knights Email address in the Personal line under the myUCF menu by selecting Student Self Service, Personal Information, then Email Addresses. In such case, click Save after adding your personal email to that line.
- Following that, select “Knights Email” from the left-hand column. You will be taken to the knightsemail.ucf.edu website when you click that link.
- Then select “Reset Password.”
- Choose the email address to which you want the password delivered (this should be the personal email address on file in myUCF).
- Utilizing the new password that was supplied to your personal email, access outlook.com/knights.ucf.edu.
- After logging in, you will be required to select a new password. * Note that the password you received through email is the one listed as the “Current Password.”
Call the UCF Service Desk at 407-823-5117 if you’re still having issues, and a representative will be pleased to help.
What is Knights Email and why do I have to use it?
The University of Central Florida’s student email system is called Knights Email. It is a web-based platform that offers free hosted communication and collaboration services to UCF students, faculty, and alumni. It will function as your University of Central Florida email account once you join up.
The University of Central Florida retains ownership of the email, despite Microsoft hosting it. Office 365 is used to power the email system, which is co-branded with the University of Central Florida. For official email exchanges between students and universities, UCF Email offers a dependable, consistent method. Student email addresses must be treated as the official campus address in all university business transactions that involve the collection of student email addresses.
How do I create a Knights Email account?
To create a Knights Email account as a new UCF student, access the MyUCF portal, click the Knights Email link on the left, and then click the create account option. You can click the create account button if you’re retired but still have an active NID.
Can I change my Knights Email address?
UCF can only rename Knights accounts in exceptional circumstances in order to serve university needs (e.g. legal name change).
What if I forget my password or my account is locked?
In order to change your password, click the “Reset Password” option and provide a different email address to which the new password should be sent. * NOTE: Using this technique, Outlook will automatically receive the random password. Please give the automated process at least 5 minutes to update your Knights password at Outlook. If you reset your password here, you will be prompted to do it again when you log in the next time.
Do I get to keep my account after I graduate?
When you graduate from UCF, you won’t have to give up or export your email, contacts, or calendar entries thanks to Knights Email. If you choose, you can keep using your mailbox after you graduate. As long as the account is active, students will have access to their Knights accounts from the moment they matriculate at UCF through and after graduation.
Email accounts may be deactivated and prevented from login if they haven’t been accessed via login for 18 months. Accounts will be removed after three years of inactivity.
I haven’t signed in to my account in a year. Is it expired?
Knights As long as the account is active, students will have access to email accounts starting when they enrol at UCF and continuing beyond graduation. Email accounts may be deactivated and prevented from login if they haven’t been accessed via login for 18 months. Accounts will be removed after three years of inactivity.