Here we can see, “Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships”
Continue your education Switzerland. happy news Current openings for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
For international students, the Swiss Government Excellence Award 2023–2024 is a fully financed scholarship. This grant is available for postdoctoral, PhD, and master’s degree study. In addition to a monthly payment, this scholarship covers housing costs, health insurance, and tuition expenses.
The Federal Commission of Scholarships (FCS), in association with the government of Switzerland, sponsors the Swiss Scholarship. More than 180 countries get scholarships from the Swiss Government. Any participant may be of any nationality. Young doctors and highly educated postgraduate researchers from all academic disciplines may apply for this fellowship.
Research scholarships are given for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, and the two federal institutes of technology. They are available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline who plan to travel to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at the doctoral or post-doctoral level.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD, Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Swiss Government / Swiss Universities
- Study in: Switzerland
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See types below.
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen degree.
- Deadline: Country specific. You can check from here
Types of Swiss Government
- Post-graduate researchers in any field—who have earned a master’s degree at the very least—who want to travel to Switzerland to conduct research or pursue doctorate or post-doctoral studies—may apply for the research grant.
All Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, the two federal institutes of technology, and the four research institutes offer research scholarships for study or research. Only applicants who have been recommended by a professor at one of these universities will be taken into consideration.
- Art students can apply for art scholarships if they want to study for their first master’s degree in Switzerland.
Any Swiss conservatory or art university may offer art grants for students. Only students from a select group of nations are eligible for this scholarship.
The perks of the 2021 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships include the following:
- The scholarship entails a CHF 1,920 monthly payout.
- Only for grantees outside of the EU and EFTA: the FCS covers the cost of required Swiss health insurance.
- There are no family allowances.
- Scholarship recipients from non-EU and non-EFTA nations are given a flight allowance (lump money) for a ticket home (provided at the end of the scholarship).
- Special housing allowance of CHF 300 (paid once at the beginning of the scholarship).
- One-year half-fare public transportation card.
- For recipients of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships, support services and a variety of outings, banquets, and sightseeing tours are provided.
- For particular information on scholarship advantages, please consult the fact sheets for each nation.
Eligibility Criteria for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
Candidates must meet all of the requirements listed below in order to be eligible for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Master’s degree or an equivalent college degree earned before July 31, 2022, and acknowledged by the Swiss university Before the scholarship begins, the degree must be presented to the Federal Commission for Scholarships as verification.
- Applicants must be born after 31 December 1987.
- At the start of the scholarship in September, candidates who have lived in Switzerland for more than a year are ineligible.
- Applicants must provide a letter from an academic host professor at the selected Swiss university explaining why she or he is ready to oversee and support the research (along with a brief CV of the professor). The application will be turned down in the absence of such backing.
- Candidates must submit a research project with a timeline. This serves as the application’s focal point. The candidate must give it the necessary amount of attention.
- Candidates must possess the language proficiency needed for the research or studies.
- It is not possible to apply for a second award if you have already received a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship.
- During their grant time, scholarship recipients are expected to relocate to Switzerland.
Note: For further eligibility requirements, please refer to the info sheets for each individual country.
How to Apply for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships?
Please adhere to the instructions below when applying for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships:
1) Create the following paperwork:
- Signed FCS application form (typed and printed) with
- A full CV with list of academic publications, awards,
- A motivation letter (max. 2 pages).
- A complete research proposal (max. 5 pages, signed), using exclusively the FCS research proposal
- A copy of the letter stating the reasons the selected Swiss university’s academic host professor is willing to supervise and assist the research, together with the professor’s brief CV.
- A brief curriculum vitae for the home institution’s academic mentor.
- Two private letters of recommendation from two distinct professors who teach in the applicant’s field (use exclusively the FCS reference form – originals in sealed envelopes only for the 1st set). None for the second set.
- Copies of certificates, grade reports, and diplomas with grades from previously attended colleges and universities, starting with the most recent. if not, then in English, French, Italian, or German with official authorized translations in English that have been attested. Submit the copies of the certificates instead.
- Signed medical certificate (use only the FCS health certificate form).
- The applicant’s passport in two copies (main page with personal data). Copy of each passport is included for dual nationals. Candidates who are already present in Switzerland at the time of application must also include a copy of their Swiss residency document.
(2) Swiss representation of your nation can acquire the application package.
(3) Please submit 2 sets (=1 original + 1 copy) of application documents in exact order given below: The first set includes the original, duly executed documents as well as the private letters of recommendation and, if necessary, the attested English translations. With the exception of the private letters of recommendation, the second batch is a duplicate of the first (only 1st set). None for the second set.
Note: Please do not place the documents in binders or plastic folders.
Visit the official website to learn more about the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships.