Here we can see, “Sustainable Tropical Forestry”
International students can apply for the Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) Erasmus Scholarship 2022–2023 to study Sustainable Tropical Forestry at the master’s level. Tropical forestry sustainability is a global issue. Between one and two billion people rely on wood-based energy; more than one billion people are living in poverty, mostly in urban areas; timber is a significant commodity for both national and export economies; and citizens of emerging countries are becoming more concerned about the future of tropical forests. In order to contribute to sustainable development in tropical and subtropical countries, trees and woodlands are increasingly recognised and incorporated into poverty alleviation initiatives.
This program consists of a Joint Spring Module and a combined master’s degree at five host universities in Denmark, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Italy. This top-notch, two-year Master’s program in Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) is designed to equip graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to tackle the challenging aspects of contemporary tropical forestry. The course offers the following to the students:
- A firm theoretical foundation.
- Being able to function internationally and being receptive to other cultures.
- All skills need to work for development organisations, consultancies, NGOs, international organisations, ministries, governmental organisations, or district forest offices, for example, or in tropical forest practises.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): University of Copenhagen, Bangor University, Dresden University, AgroParisTech, University of Padova
- Study in: Denmark, UK, Germany, France, and Italy
- Program Period: 2 years
- Deadline: 15 January
- Agroforestry systems.
- Forests and livelihoods in developing countries.
- Tropical forest management.
- Environmental management and policies for tropical forests.
- Social and environmental responsibility in tropical forestry.
The following advantages are offered to beneficiaries of the scholarship:
- contribution toward the installation and travel expenses. It serves as a financial incentive to assist with the out-of-pocket expenses for obtaining visas, residency permits, etc., as well as the costs of temporary housing upon arrival in the first program Country hosting HEI.
- For recipients of scholarships who live in Partner Countries and are fewer than 4,000 kilometres from the EMMIC coordinating HEI, the annual travel and installation allowance is 2000 euros and 1000 euros, respectively.
- For recipients of scholarships who live in Partner Countries and are located at least 4.000 kilometres from the EMMIC coordinating HEI, the annual travel and installation fees are 3000 EUR and 1000 EUR, respectively.
- Partner Country Scholarship holders may not receive assistance with living expenses for EMMC stays longer than three months, or the equivalent of 15 ECTS credits, in any Partner Country.
- The entire length (120 ECTS) of the EMJMD study program costs 1000 EUR each month (24 months maximum).
Eligibility Criteria for Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) Erasmus Scholarships
In order to qualify for a Fully Funded Master’s Scholarship with Erasmus, the following criteria must be met:
- Required Languages:
- French (if you choose it to be the studying language in France’s campus).
- Local language (courses are available at all the partner institutions).
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- You can apply for the Master’s program in Sustainable Tropical Forestry if you have already earned your bachelor’s degree or are enrolled in your last semester of a bachelor’s program (SUTROFOR).
- According to your history, you must provide proof of your English language competency; check the language criteria.
- If you hold a bachelor’s degree in a field that is related to the MSc Program, such as forestry, agriculture, biology, geography, or economics, you are automatically eligible to apply.
- The Faculty may additionally accept applicants who, based on a review of their particular academic records, are determined to have credentials comparable to those listed above.
How to Apply for Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) Erasmus Scholarships ?
To apply for this scholarship, please complete the steps below.
- On the application portal, create an application.
- See the list of required documents and upload them.
- Observe how your application is progressing online.
- Check the outcome of your application. By no later than July 1st, you will receive your application outcome via the application portal. It’s critical that you keep an eye out for signals because the outcome can arrive sooner than expected.
- Accept your offer of admission.
You will receive an email at the email address you entered with your application whenever you receive a message at the application portal. Please be mindful that emails sent from the application portal may be filtered as spam.
Visit the official website to learn more about the Fully Funded Master’s Scholarship with Erasmus for Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR).