Here we can see, “Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowships”
International students from all around the world are eligible to apply for the Enterprise Fellowships to pursue PhD studies at the Royal Academy of Engineering UK. This program supports enterprising and innovative engineers who have envisioned an unique novelty in engineering that they wish to explore further.
The program places a strong emphasis on ensuring that the recipient of the prize has the knowledge, contacts, and confidence necessary to develop their idea. Enterprise Fellowships provide help to three different groups of people: recent graduates who want to establish a business, academics who want to spin off a business from a university or research facility, and international PhD students located in the UK who want to spin off or start a business.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Royal Academy of Engineering
- Study in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Engineering
- Program Period: One year
- Stage 1: September 05, 2022
- Stage 2: October 03 and 10, 2022
The following advantages are offered to the recipient of an Enterprise Fellowship by the Royal Academy of Engineering:
- Grant for up to £75,000 in equity-free startup capital
- Professional business coaching and mentorship,
- A 15-day business training program,
- Participation in our equality, diversity, and inclusion toolbox
- Access to our network of partners, investors, Academy Fellows, and industry professionals,
- Our physical hub, the Taylor Centre, offers flexible workspace,
- Lifetime Hub membership
Eligibility Criteria for Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowships
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for Enterprise Fellowships – Royal Academy of Engineering 2020:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
Broadly speaking, we support:
- University researchers looking to launch a new business
- Newly minted graduates looking to launch a business
- International PhD students who are currently residing in the UK and wish to launch a business
In order to be eligible, you must:
- Your solution has a Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of 4 or above.
- Less than 500,000 GBP has been invested in your company as equity.
- You can protect your idea, and you are the only owner of or a co-owner of the intellectual property.
- You hold the largest stock share in the business among the founding team members.
- You are the company’s CEO or COO, or you aspire to be.
- For startups: you are not enrolled in school or working in any other capacity throughout our program.
- In addition, by July 1, 2017, you will have earned your first university degree.
- For spinouts:
- The university currently employs you.
- Your PhD defence will take place, if applicable, no later than November 30, 2022.
Please make sure you have read the complete list of requirements before applying.
How to Apply for Enterprise Fellowships – Royal Academy of Engineering?
Please click the link to the official website at the bottom. To apply for an Enterprise Fellowship from the Royal Academy of Engineering, follow these steps:
- From this page, applicants must first register with the system.
- After logging in, go to My Applications in the top left corner and select a program from the list of open applications.
There are two phases to the application process:
You briefly introduce yourself and your proposal in Stage One. It will take roughly an hour to finish. We will encourage you to submit a stage two application if you are qualified for the program, your idea fits the type of help we provide, and you are a good fit for the program. The first stage looks at whether the proposal complies with the program’s requirements and objectives, not how good it is.
The Stage Two Application is more thorough and will evaluate the quality of the Concept and Your Capability to Lead a Startup.
It will take you one to three working days to supply further details about your team, yourself, the technology, and the business plan. A panel of specialists will assess this section of your application, and if you pass, you will be asked for an interview.
Please be aware that we won’t be able to give you the Panel’s opinion on your Stage Two application until the selection process is fully finished due to the high volume of applicants.
Please send an email to the Enterprise team if you have any questions.
Visit the official website to learn more about Enterprise Fellowships – Royal Academy of Engineering.