Application for the Robert S. McNamara Student Program in US Students in USA – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Robert S. McNamara Program in USA.
Start your educational journey from any location. happy news The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program is currently accepting applications. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
For international students, the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022–2023 is a fully supported scholarship. This fellowship can award up to $42,750 net per fellow for an 8-month fellowship and is accessible for PhD study.
The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program awards fellowships to PhD candidates from poor nations so they can pursue innovative, development-related doctoral research at a partner organisation abroad during a 6–10 month residency period.
Key Program Features
Professional experience: Fellows will participate in World Bank operations and work on World Bank projects under the direct supervision of World Bank DEC experts. They will also receive training in cutting-edge research methodologies and technology. They will have the chance to participate in field missions, directly interact with our clients, and maybe co-author publications with DEC researchers, depending on the nature of the projects.
Capacity building: At the beginning of the programme, fellows will get a one-week technical onboarding that includes instruction in reproducible research techniques. Fellows will take part in recurring continuing education trainings and activities throughout the programme to boost their skill development. Fellows will improve their capacity to identify, research, and write on crucial development policy issues through their collaboration with DEC economists.
Research dissemination: On the basis of their fellowship research with the DEC researchers, fellows will be asked to publish a blog. This is an opportunity to highlight research and contributions to discussions on development policy. The best 4 blogs will be featured on the Let’s Talk Development blog of DEC each year.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): World Bank
- Study in: Any Country
- Courses Offered: Applicants will have the option to select in the application whether they would like to be hosted by the Development research department or the Impact evaluation department in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC).
- Deadline: April 30, 2022
The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program offers the following to the recipient:
- For an 8-month fellowship, the total net amount is $42,750. (paid in monthly installments)
- The World Bank’s HR will support the chosen candidates with their visa applications by sending invitation letters since the fellows will be hosted at the organization’s Washington, D.C., headquarters.
Note: the fellowship does not cover the cost of obtaining a visa, travel charges, or any other expenditures associated with bringing and/or supporting fellows’ families.
Eligibility Criteria for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
In order to be eligible for the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program, candidates must fulfil the following requirements:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: Nationals of World Bank WBG member countries, with preference to nationals of developing countries
- graduates of MA-level programmes or those enrolled in a PhD programme in economics or a similar discipline;
- By June 30th of the year the fellowship begins, the applicant must be no older than 35. He or she must also be willing to move to Washington, D.C. for the term of the fellowship.
How to Apply for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program?
Please click the link to the official website at the bottom. However, the following are crucial instructions for applying for this scholarship:
By the application deadline, the RSMFP application must be submitted electronically and contain the following information:
- The resume
- A statement of research interests: The statement of research interests should list the research programmes that DEC is interested in, as well as describe the research interests.
- contact information for a recommendation letter,
- A writing sample (optional),
- A code sample (optional).
Online uploads of all essential documents are required. Any documents submitted by email, mail, or any other method outside the online application form will not be examined.
Visit the official website to learn more about the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program.