Application for the Reagan Fascell Democracy Student Program in US Students in USA – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Reagan Fascell Democracy Program in USA.
Study there in the USA. happy news Current openings include the Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship. In this article, we’ll go into great detail regarding this fellowship, its perks, and how to apply.
For international students, the Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2023–2024 is a fully supported fellowship. Postdoctoral studies are the only program eligible for this award. The cost of a short-term, furnished apartment rental is included in the fellowship payments, along with the cost of living expenses such as food, local transportation, and other essentials.
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) in Washington, D.C. is where participants in this program can spend five months conducting independent research on democracy in a particular nation or region. The program is a federally supported international exchange program.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral / Non-degree
- Institution(s): National Endowment for Democracy
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Area(s): Democratic Studies
- Program Period: 5 months
- Deadline: October 17, 2022
The following advantages are given to the recipient of the Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship:
- Fellowship payments are estimated to include the cost of a temporary, furnished rental unit as well as the “cost of living” for things like food and local transportation.
- A monthly stipend for living expenses, fundamental health insurance, and round-trip transportation to and from Washington, D.C., are provided to each fellow as well.
- A fully furnished office as well as a constrained budget for long distance calls and official domestic travel are made available to fellows.
- Please be aware that fellows who desire to travel to Washington, D.C. with family members will be responsible for paying for those individuals’ round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations within the United States.
Eligibility Criteria for Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship
In order to be considered for a Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship, candidates must fulfil the requirements listed below:
- Required Language: Demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Consider submitting a project that focuses on the political, social, economic, legal, or cultural facets of democratic progress.
- During the duration of the 5-month fellowship, be available to work on-site at the International Forum for Democratic Studies in Washington, D.C. (October 1-February 28 or March 1-July 31). At this time, no other fellowships or occupations may be held.
- For the practitioner track, candidates should:
- Possess a wealth of practical expertise promoting democracy or human rights in their home nation or a country of interest.
- Be mid-career professionals.
- Applicants on the scholarly track should:
- Hold a doctorate (a Ph.D., or its equivalent in an academic setting) at the time of application.
- Have a proven record of publications in their field.
- Have created a comprehensive research plan for their fellowship study.
- Fellows who are not citizens nor lawful permanent residents in the United States must obtain a J-1 exchange visitor visa in order to travel to the United States prior to their arrival. Family members must apply for a J-2 visa.
- In the 24 months prior to receiving a Reagan-Fascell fellowship, applicants cannot have taken part in a J-1 research scholar program.
- Following the conclusion of their fellowship, fellows who are sponsored on our J-1 visa are normally required by U.S. law to return to their home nation for two years before they can apply for a H visa, a L visa, or for legal permanent residence.
How to Apply for Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship?
In order to apply for a Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship, please follow these steps:
- You must first register on the online application system for the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship. Once you have created an account, you must submit the following during the application process:
- Applicant information.
- Project proposal for the practitioner or the scholarly fellowship track.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Resume/CV and Biography.
- All application documents should be sent in English.
Visit the webpage to learn more about the Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship.