Application for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Student Program in Canada Students in Canada – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Program in Canada.
For the academic year 2022–2023, the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships are accepting applications from international students who wish to pursue a PhD at Canadian universities. This scholarship has an annual value of up to $60,000 (including a $20,000 yearly travel allowance) per Scholar for a maximum of three years.
By offering a sizeable yearly allowance for research and travel, the award encourages multidisciplinary study and innovative fieldwork by allowing the Scholars to interact firsthand with the many populations that can further their research. Additionally, the Foundation pairs each Scholar with a prestigious Trudeau Mentor who is chosen from among the most accomplished Canadian practitioners across all spheres of public life. Through available financial aid, the Scholarship also provides the chance to network with a remarkable group of thought leaders and dedicated individuals in every area of the social sciences and humanities, take part in Foundation-sponsored events, and host their own workshops.
Candidates are assessed based on their academic performance, which must meet the highest requirements of the most prominent doctorate fellowship programmes in the world. Future scholars must also exhibit the capacity for vigorous discussion with other researchers and academics and display a desire to participate in public discourse.
- Level of Study: PhD (Doctoral)
- Study in: Canada
- Institution(s): Canadian Universities
- Courses Offered:
- Social Sciences.
- Program Period:
- Maximum three years.
- Deadline: Varies as per universities (Deadline to apply directly to the Foundation: December 21, 2021)
The following advantages are offered to recipients of doctoral scholarships from the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation:
- For a maximum of three years, each Scholar will receive an annual value of up to $60,000 (which includes a $20,000 travel allowance each year).
Eligibility Criteria for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships
Candidates must meet all of the requirements listed below in order to be eligible for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- You must already be enrolled full-time in a PhD programme in the humanities or social sciences, or be in your first, second, or third year of study (broadly defined)
- One of the Foundation’s four major themes must be present in your PhD thesis. Human Dignity and Rights, Civic Responsibility, Canada and the World, and People and the Environment
- No matter if they are studying at a domestic or overseas institution, Canadian citizens are eligible.
- Non-Canadians participating in a doctoral programme at a Canadian school, whether they are permanent residents or foreign nationals, are eligible.
How to Apply for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships?
Please adhere to the guidelines below while applying for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships:
- Find out the deadlines for the internal selection procedure at your university: Make sure you submit your application by the deadline because internal deadlines vary by university.
- Register: Create an account on the Foundation’s application portal before the competition begins. After registering, you will get an email with a username and password (please check your spam folder if you do not see it). You can log in using your current login information or ask to have your password reset if you already have an account from an earlier scholarship competition.
- Fill out the application: Apply by filling out the application form in the “Ébauche / Draft” area of the portal after logging in. Additionally, kindly complete the “Coordonnées / Contacts” part of the portal with your contact details.
- Get recommendation letters: You will be required to submit the names and email addresses of your two referees in the appropriate boxes on the application form. The referees will automatically receive an email inviting them to send their letter of recommendation in PDF format to our platform. To ensure that your references submit on time, we suggest you to follow up with them.
- Upload transcripts: Transcripts from every postsecondary institution you’ve attended should be uploaded in one PDF file. Candidates without CEGEP transcripts from Quebec should not be considered.
- Contact your university: Please let the awards officer in charge of the PETF Scholarship competition at your university know that you’ve submitted an application. This guarantees that your application will be considered throughout the selection process at your university.
- University nominations: All applicants must submit their applications online directly to the Foundation. Universities are not required to submit their top picks for the position. The Foundation will analyse and evaluate each candidate whose completed application is received by the deadline of December 21, 2021 at 5 p.m. Eastern Time. The Foundation is still dedicated to regional representation, linguistic representation, a range of viewpoints and disciplines, as well as other types of diversity, despite this process.
Visit the official website to learn more about the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships.