Application for the Maria Goeppert Mayer Student Program in US Students in USA – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Maria Goeppert Mayer Program in USA.
International students from all around the world who wish to pursue PhD studies at the Argonne National Laboratory USA are eligible for the Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship. The recipients of this award must be outstanding doctorate researchers and engineers.
Candidates for fellowships must have exceptional aptitude for science or engineering coursework and must state unequivocally their intention to rise to the top of their fields as outstanding leaders. Fellows collaborate closely with Argonne’s sponsor to explore their academic interests.
Fellows are given full benefits, a highly competitive salary, and a research grant as part of their employment as an Argonne Scholar. Annual assignments can be extended by fellows for up to three years with the potential of permanence.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): Argonne National Laboratory
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below
- Program Period: Up to 3 years
- Deadline: October 1, 2022, by 7:00 PM Central Standard Time (US)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Science
- Autonomous Discovery
- Climate Action
- Clean Energy and Sustainability
- Hard X-ray Science
- Quantum Information Science
- Detection of Imaging Signatures (The chosen applicant will be required to get and maintain a clearance and must be a U.S. citizen only for the national security element of this program. For additional information on the prerequisites for acquiring a security clearance procedure, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.)
The following advantages are given to the recipient of the Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship:
- A highly competitive salary
- A stipend for research support.
- 100% funded fellowship
Eligibility Criteria for Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship
In order to be considered for a Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship, candidates must fulfil the requirements listed below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Ph.D. awarded within three years at the time of application, or prerequisites satisfied by the start of the appointment
- Proof of academic excellence and aptitude for leadership in technical and scientific fields
- Research on topics related to Argonne’s mission
- Leadership abilities as demonstrated by volunteer work, involvement in the community, initiatives to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, participation in professional societies, etc.
- Creativity and motivation
- Excellent communication skills
- Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork are in line with Argonne’s core values.
How to Apply for Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship?
Please click the link to the official website at the bottom. However, the following actions are crucial to receiving the Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship:
(1) Applicants must submit their applications via the Argonne Careers page in order to be eligible for the Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship. Before applying, applicants must read the comprehensive applicant instructions.
- Guidelines for Applicants
- Complete application packages will, in brief, contain:
- Using the research template, a study proposal, biosketch, and project plan were submitted. Please read the instructions before utilising the template.
- Three recommendation letters; for details, see the applicant guidelines.
- CV submitted via application link
- Graduate transcripts: For information on accepted formats, see the applicant instructions
(2) Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the aforementioned supporting documents
- Click here for additional details.
- Letters from the person(s) with a signature on company letterhead should be in a PDF format. Please put the candidate’s name in the subject line.
- To guarantee that all materials are received on time, it is encouraged that applicants get in touch with sponsors and references well before the application deadline. Once the evaluation process has started, late documents might not be accepted. Please send an email with a copy to your sponsor to email@example.com to find out the status of your application.
Visit the webpage to learn more about the Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship.