KU Blackboard: The University of Kansas’s system for managing learning is called KU Blackboard. You can look at course materials, announcements, important dates, grades, and more with the Blackboard Learning Management System.
If you are a student, you can use your KU Online ID or a non-KU User Account to log in to Blackboard and get to available courses and MySuccess.
Blackboard has two mobile apps that make it easy to use while you’re on the go:
- Students can respond quickly to their changing course needs with the help of the Blackboard app.
- The Blackboard Instructor app makes it easy for teachers to quickly open courses, talk to students, and look at content.
How to log into ku blackboard
To get to the University of Kansas learning management system,
- Go to courseware.ku.edu to get to KU Blackboard.
- Click on the KU LOGIN Using Your KU Online ID button.
- Enter your KU Online ID
- Then enter your password.
- Click “Login”
- To get into a course, click on the title of the course in the “My Courses” section.
- Most of the time, when you first go into a course, you will be on the Announcements page. This is where instructors can post messages about the course.
The text links that make up the course menu are on the left side of the screen. You can go to a different part of the course by clicking on each link. Note that your teacher can change the names and availability of the navigation links, so you may have slightly different options in each course.
Log in to my.ku.edu and click the Academics tab to make sure you are enrolled in a Blackboard course. If you see the class name but there is no link to the KU Blackboard site, you are enrolled, but the instructor has not yet made the Blackboard site visible to students.
Can’t see your courses?
- In My Courses, you can see a list of all the Blackboard courses they are taking. This will include courses from previous semesters as well as ones that haven’t been made available to students yet.
- When students can access a course on Blackboard is up to the teacher. In some cases, they may wait until after the first class to make it available.
- If you add or drop a class, Blackboard should update itself about 24 hours after the change in Enroll & Pay. If you added a course more than 24 hours ago and still don’t see the corresponding KU Blackboard course, contact the Educational Technologists at 785-864-2600, email@example.com on the Lawrence campus, or 913-897-8719, kuec firstname.lastname@example.org on the Edwards campus.
What you can do to find out more
- Verify enrollment. Sign in to my.ku.edu and click the Academics tab to make sure you are enrolled in the class. If you see the class name but there is no link to the Blackboard site, you are enrolled, but the instructor has not yet made the Blackboard site available to students.
- Check your My Courses list to see if there are any hidden courses. Sign in to Blackboard, put your cursor where it says “My Courses,” and click the silver gear icon on the right. Find the row for the course you want to show and check the box next to “Select All.” This should make it possible to see a course that was hidden before. To save any changes, click “Submit.”
- Talk to your teacher. If a class shows up in your My Courses list in Blackboard, but the course name is followed by “(not currently available),” you can contact your instructor and ask if they are using Blackboard and, if so, when the course will be available to students.
How to organize your blackboard course list by semester
Students can see all of the KU Blackboard classes they are taking or have taken in the past. If the course is open to students, the name of the course is a link that can be used to get into the course. If a Blackboard course isn’t available to students, the name of the course won’t be a link, and the words “not currently available” will appear next to it.
Before students can access content on a KU Blackboard site, the instructor must first make the course available. If you have questions about this, talk to your teacher.
Sort your list of My Courses by semester, and you can choose to hide courses from past semesters:
- Login to KU Blackboard.
- Put your cursor on “My Courses,” then click the gear icon on the right. This will take you to the page where you can set up the list.
- Group by Term is the first box to check. If the box doesn’t have a check mark in it, click it to choose it.
- Now you can stop and click “Submit” to save your changes. Continue to step 5 if you want to hide the courses from previous semesters.
- Click the checkbox to the left of the term name for the semester you want to hide. All of the classes for that semester will be covered up.
- You can also hide or show individual courses by scrolling down to the list of course names.
- To save your changes, click “Submit.”
How to edit ku blackboard notification
You can choose what kinds of notifications you want to get and how you want to get them.
- From the global navigation menu (your name in the upper right), select Settings and then Edit Notification Settings.
- On the Edit Notification Settings page, under Bulk, click the link for Courses I’m Taking. Change the settings for all of your courses at once by going to Edit Notification Settings. You can also make choices for individual courses by clicking on the name of the course under “Edit Individual Course Settings.” The Current Notification Settings page comes up and has the same options.
- Under Settings, you can choose how you want to get notifications by checking the box at the top of a column or the boxes next to each tool or feature. If you don’t want to receive a certain notification, uncheck the box next to it.
- Dashboard – By default, all types of notifications show up on the Updates and Posts pages and course home pages in My Blackboard.
- Email – Your official KU email address is used to send you email notifications.
- Mobile – Choose which alerts you’d like to see on your mobile device. You don’t have to open the Blackboard Mobile Learn app to see push notifications. They show up on the screen of your device.
- After choosing how you want to be notified, click the “Submit” button.
By default, email alerts are turned off. You have to choose these course events if you want to know about them.
Your KU email account gets all email sent from KU Blackboard. Every new student at KU is given an email account. Use the Email link in the upper right corner of most KU pages or go straight to mail.ku.edu to get to your KU email account from any computer.