Application for the Knight Hennesy Student Program in US Students in USA – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Knight Hennesy Program in USA.
This chance is for you if you want to study at a top university in the USA with a fully supported scholarship. This article will define the Knight Hennesy Scholarship, outline its advantages, and walk readers through the application process.
The 2023–2024 Knight Hennesy Scholarships are fully financed awards for international students. These scholarships are available for graduate and postdoctoral work. These scholarships pay for all academic costs, travel expenses, living expenses, and tuition.
The top scholarship programs in the world include Knight Hennesy Scholars. The most potential future leaders from all fields and regions will attend Stanford University as Knight-Hennessy Scholars. You will participate in transdisciplinary learning, leadership development, and gaining a global perspective here. According to Top Universities’ QS World Universities Ranking 2022, Stanford University is rated second. 100 fully funded scholarships are available from Stanford University for international students to pursue master’s, doctorate, MBA, MFA, MD, and JD degrees.
We encourage citizens of all nations to apply to be Knight-Hennessy Scholars. That makes sense given that we anticipate Knight-Hennessy Scholars to have an international influence. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars admissions process is set up to help you get to know yourself better, help us get to know you better, and provide you the tools you need to present the strongest possible application for admission, all the while making the admissions process a positive experience for you. Over time, we anticipate that around one-third of our scholars will be Americans while the other two-thirds will come from nations outside of the United States. Since we aim to accept the brightest students everywhere in the world, those numbers will change from year to year.
In 1885, Stanford University was established. It serves as a space for conversation, innovation, learning, and discovery. Over the past 125 years, Stanford has evolved with the world, frequently setting the standard for new concepts and discoveries. One of the best universities in the world is Stanford University. The Knight-Hennessy Scholarship Program attracts talent to the United States. They provide a platform for intentional leadership development, curate a multidisciplinary community of scholars, and provide you the tools you need to make a significant difference on the world.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Stanford University
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Scholarships are available to pursue Graduate (PhD) degree program in arts, engineering, education, humanities, or social sciences to professional degrees in business, law, or medicine. Click here to find all the available programs.
- Program Period: The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program funds up to the first three years of your graduate education, and if your degree program exceeds three years — such as an MD or PhD. program, or a Stanford dual- or joint-degree program — then your Stanford home department will fund the remainder of your education to the extent consistent with its standard funding commitment for that program.
- Deadline: October 12, 2022 (For more details, click here)
The following advantages are given to the recipient of the Knight Hennesy Scholarship:
- A travel allowance designed to pay for one round-trip ticket in economy to and from Stanford each year.
- A monthly allowance for living and educational costs (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses).
- A fellowship that is directly used to pay for tuition (according to the typical departmental level of attendance) and related costs.
- Normally, expenses that your home department at Stanford pays for its students, including for subscriptions or lab supplies, are not covered by the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program.
- Knight-Hennessy Additionally, scholars can seek for extra funding to help them with their academic goals (e.g. conference travel).
Eligibility Criteria for Knight Hennesy Scholarship
The following requirements must be met to be eligible for the Knight Hennesy Scholarship:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries can apply for Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
- For enrollment in 2022, a first or bachelor’s degree earned in 2015 or later is required. If you submit your application within four years of receiving your first degree or bachelor’s degree and enrol within five years, you are qualified to apply.
- You must have first-rate mental acuity, be curious and open to new experiences, be creative and full of unique ideas, be able to make sense of ambiguous circumstances, and be able to hold a divergent or opposing viewpoint.
- In addition to submitting your Knight-Hennessy Scholars application, you must also complete the rest of the application process, which may include taking any required standardized tests for your graduate degree program (such as the GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.), as well as an English proficiency test if necessary.
- In the truest sense of the word, you must be ambitious, driven to better yourself, and risk-taking. self-aware, persistent, and able to overcome challenges. Personal qualities include low ego, inclusiveness, appreciation for difference, and humility.
- To enrol in a Stanford program, you must speak, read, listen, and write in English with ease. For the majority of Stanford’s graduate programs, a TOEFL score of 100iBT or 600PBT is required. The TOEFL is accepted by all Stanford graduate degree programs, and the MBA program also accepts the IELTS and PTE. Find out more information about scores here.
- First, you must apply to, be accepted into, and enrol in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program in addition to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program. Each Knight-Hennessy Scholar must be a first-time enrollee in a graduate program at Stanford, such as the DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD. By program or discipline, there are no quotas. Please take note that applicants who will spend at least two years studying at Stanford will receive priority consideration.
How to Apply for Knight Hennesy Scholarship?
To be eligible for this scholarship, follow these procedures for applying:
(1) You must start your online application by creating an account here.
(2) You must finish and submit the admissions application online (including personal and academic information, etc.). Basic biographical and demographic information, as well as a description of your activities and interests, will be requested by the university.
(3) The subsequent paperwork needs to be submitted:
- For each university you attended for an academic year or longer, include an unofficial or self-reported transcript detailing your academic performance in college and, if relevant, graduate school. Download the self-reported transcript template if you are unable to supply an unofficial transcript. If relevant, the date of conferral and the degree awarded must be listed on your transcript. If the credits for your study abroad experiences are shown on your transcript, we do not require transcripts for those activities.
- A resume outlining your educational background, experience, and accomplishments will be included. One page for every ten years of experience after high school is our standard.
- Two letters of recommendation. Learn more about it right here.
- Include the following in your essay (you may submit a maximum of 1,750 words for both essays together):
- Make connections. How have your life’s experiences influenced you?
- How are you going to follow your life’s calling? How will your Knight-Hennessy Scholars experience and Stanford education support this?
- Two quick responses are given: Please share with us eight unlikely facts about yourself. Please list your three current aims or ambitions (admission to Stanford or selection as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar does not qualify as one of those goals).
- Video report The length of your movie cannot exceed two minutes. It’s okay if you can respond in just 30 seconds. You are not required or expected to talk for the entire allotted time.
- Personal evaluation
- All Knight-Hennessy Scholars application materials must be submitted online in English. Emails and postal letters are not acceptable forms of communication.
- We strongly advise applying with the most recent versions of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Here is a sample application for the autumn 2023 intake in PDF format, solely for reference.
Visit the official Knight Hennesy Scholarship website to learn more.