Here we can see, “Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship”
International students from all over the world are eligible for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarships if they are interested in conducting postdoctoral research at the Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) during the 2022–2023 academic year. Depending on the scope of the consulting work, each scholarship recipient will receive a consulting fee. For the whole duration of the Scholarship, the fee cannot be more than 10,000 euros.
The “Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship” has been introduced by the Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) to replace the economic research scholarships previously given by its Economic Analysis and Research Department. Outstanding researchers are given the chance to contribute to the wide variety of research operations at the OeNB’s Economic Analysis and Research Department by offering consulting services through this Scholarship.
The Scholarship program seeks both Austrian and foreign professionals having a track record of postdoctoral research experience in economics and finance. Candidates must be actively employed by a research institution in Austria or abroad, and they should be eager to widen their research interests and develop their individual research networks in a climate of rising global research mobility.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): The Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB)
- Study in: Austria
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Economics and Finance
- Program Period: 3-6 months
- Deadline: October 31, 2022
Benefits of receiving a Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship include:
- Depending on the scope of the consulting work, each scholarship recipient will receive a consulting fee. The total cost for the duration of the Scholarship cannot be more than EUR 10,000. (net of value-added tax). All claims of the scholarship recipient against the OeNB shall be satisfied by this fee.
- The applicable sales tax rate, which is presently 20%, will be charged to the consultant fee if the consulting services are subject to value-added tax.
Note: During the consulting term, the scholarship recipient is responsible for covering all housing costs. If it’s possible, the OeNB will help the beneficiary find lodging in Vienna.
Eligibility Criteria for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
Consider these criteria in order to qualify for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Candidates for the scholarship must be PhD-eligible or possess an equivalent degree, as well as have published papers and conducted scientific research in the topics specified in the call for scholarship applications.
- There is no restriction on the nationality or age of applicants.
- Applications only from natural persons will be considered. Under the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship program, more than one scholarship cannot be requested.
- Candidates must be well-integrated within their research community and be recognised as subject matter experts with a track record in economic research.
- Candidates must show evidence of current employment with a research institution both at the time of application and throughout the duration of the scholarship.
- Candidates who have already been awarded a Scholarship through the program are not eligible to apply again. Applications for renewal won’t either be considered.
- Scholarships are not available to employees of the European Central Bank or any of the other central banks that make up the ESCB.
Click here to learn more about the scholarship.
How to Apply for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship?
To apply for a Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship, please follow these steps.
(1) Submit the following records and data:
- A motivational letter with information on the anticipated duration of the consulting.
- A thorough consulting proposal
- A list of the current research projects and their topics
- An academic curriculum vitae
- An up-to-date list of publications (or an extract therefrom)
- The names of two references who the OeNB could get in touch with to learn more about the application.
- Proof of a basic income (job contract with the applicant’s home institution) for the duration of the Scholarship, or the OeNB consultancy period.
- Confirmation in writing from the home institution that the Scholarship, or the giving of consulting services by
- The applicant’s employment agreement with the home institution is not being broken.
(2) A single PDF file containing all of the documents is required.
(3) Email email@example.com the PDF file.
Visit the official website to learn more about the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship.