Here we can see, “Herchel Smith Scholarships”
Go to school in the UK. happy news Applications for Herchel Smith’s PhD in Intellectual Property Scholarships are available right now. In this article, we’ll go into great detail regarding this scholarship program, its advantages, and how to apply.
Herchel Smith holds a PhD in intellectual property. The scholarships for international students in 2022–2023 are fully supported. The Queen Mary University offers these scholarships. These awards, which average about £17,000 annually, cover all tuition costs.
With the potential to significantly advance the field of intellectual property law, exceptional full-time students are recognized and supported by the Herchel Smith PhD Scholarship Program. This program aids persons pursuing PhDs in intellectual property law as well as those whose research intersects with other fields of science and the humanities and intellectual property law.
The School of Law is one of the top 10 law schools in the UK, and its internationally renowned faculty serves as advisors to business, governments, and NGOs on a local and global level. For the length of their studies, successful candidates for this fellowship will perform up to six hours per week of research support work and other relevant duties for the Queen Mary Intellectual Property Law Research Institute (QMIPRI).
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): Queen Mary University
- Study in: London, UK
- Program Period: 3 years as full time. 6 years as part time.
- Deadline: June 07, 2022
Opportunity Focus Areas
IPRs and intangible cultural and scientific legacy, public and private international law, human rights, and the doctrine of functioning; The function of intellectual property law in encouraging and regulating the arts; the intersection of intellectual property law and international trade (e.g., patents and trade in stem cells; trade marks and plain tobacco packaging); intellectual property transactions (e.g., licencing of broadcasting rights for Premier League matches); the relationship between TRIPS and regional and national law (e.g., TRIPS and the European Patent Convention); the philosophy of intellectual property; primary and secondary sources;
Intellectual Property PhD – Herchel Smith Scholarships will cover
- All tuition fees,
- Starting in September 2021, the recipient will receive an award payment of about £17,000 per year (evaluated annually) on a regular basis throughout the academic year.
Eligibility Criteria for Intellectual Property PhD – Herchel Smith Scholarship
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for Intellectual Property PhD – Herchel Smith Scholarships:
- Required Language: English. (IELTS and other tests required)
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- New applicants who enroll at the beginning of the following academic year, in September 2022, are eligible for the grant.
- A PhD student in intellectual property law or someone working at the interface of intellectual property law and other fields of the sciences or humanities must submit an application.
- (IELTS overall score of 7.0; writing score of 7.0; reading, listening, and speaking scores of 5.5.)
- TOEFL score of 100 overall, including 20 in Speaking, 27 in Writing, 18 in Reading, and 17 in Listening. Other tests may also be accepted.
How to Apply for the Herchel Smith Scholarships for PhDs in Intellectual Property?
Please follow the following application instructions to avail this scholarship:
The required documentation is listed below.
- Any other records pertaining to this qualification (e.g. translations, reverse of transcript) no more than five uploads
- A copy of your original certificate and/or transcript
- Demonstrate proficiency in English, language.
- Please mention the name of the organisation and your registration number if you are a member of any professional organisations (such as the GMC or the Bar) (where applicable)
- A CV (curriculum vitae) or résumé is an overview of your academic background and any previous employment.
- A succinct (maximum of 1,000 words) personal essay outlining your motivation for studying this field explains any relevant research experience, such as that which was acquired as part of a prior degree. List any academic writing you have done and/or that is slated for publication.
- Proof of funding or scholarship
- Proposed supervisor is included in the research proposal. Have you spoken with the supervisor(s) already? Title of proposed project or studentship; Research group; What day would you like to start?
- Two refrees and their contacts
- Before the funding submission deadline, submit an online application to the PhD program to be considered for funding. Apply as a new applicant after first registering, then logging in, for both full-time and part-time employment here.
- Track your application’s progress.
- Only time, click the submit button.
- Visit this page to learn more about applications.
- Please contact Mr. G. Skehan, the School of Law PhD Admissions Administrator, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the PhD funding application procedure.
- Requests to be taken into consideration as a funding applicant and not only a PhD program applicant.
- The PhD online application form contains a section titled “Funding.” (To state that I will pay for my education in other ways.)
- Then, you should clearly say that in the section that reads, “Please share information of any scholarships or grants you are seeking for or have previously secured” (you wish to apply for a School of Law Herchel Smith award).
Important Notes :
- It should be noted that unlike other PhD programs at QMUL, the School of Law does not formally require applicants to get in touch with an academic staff member to set up supervision before submitting their full application. First, the director of research admissions examines each applicant.
- If you desire to be considered for one of our financing awards and have already filed your main application, you must email Mr. Gareth Skehan, PhD Admissions Administrator, before the deadline at email@example.com and specify the award for which you wish to be considered. You won’t be given consideration for Herchel Smith financing if you don’t receive this specific email notification.
- Applications are always assessed, if they are deemed strong enough by the Director, by academics with research experience relevant to an applicant’s intended area of study. The Director has an overview of the supervisory capacities and availabilities of all academic staff within the School.
- However, applicants must confirm the name of a proposed supervisor (under “Research Proposal”) on the College’s online application form.
- Since Law is not required in this situation, candidates may refer to their proposed supervisor simply as a “School of Law supervisor” without identifying a specific employee (although they are free to do so if they wish).
Visit the official website to learn more about the Intellectual Property PhD – Herchel Smith Scholarships.