Application for the IMU Student Program in US Students in USA – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the IMU Program in USA.
The IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program is now accepting applications. In this article, we’ll go into great detail regarding this scholarship programme, its advantages, and how to apply.
International students can apply for fully financed PhD scholarships under the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program 2022–2023. The International Mathematical Union Scholarship is valued at up to USD 10,000 per year and includes tuition, housing, travel, and living costs.
Professional mathematicians are encouraged to suggest exceptionally bright and driven students from developing nations who intend to finish their doctoral degrees in a developing nation, including their own.
Candidates must have a solid academic history and be really interested in a career in mathematics research and instruction.
The International Mathematical Union and The Friends of the International Mathematical Union, along with the donors, believe that the fellowships will benefit the home nations of those selected for them as well as the future generation of mathematicians.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): International Mathematical Union
- Study in: Any country
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Mathematics
- Program Period: 4 years
- Deadline: May 31, 2022
The grant can cover up to a maximum of USD 10,000 per year of the value of the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program:
- Full tuition fee
- Accommodation expenses
- trip costs to the destination institution (if different from the home country)
- Basic living expenses that will vary depending on the country’s cost of living where the student will pursue their PhD degree
Eligibility Criteria for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program
Candidates for the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program must meet all of the criteria listed below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Students cannot apply for the fellowship on their own.
- experts in mathematics (including those who have superannuated, but continue to mentor young students). It is ideal if the nominee has been receiving coaching from the proposer.
- The student must be a citizen of a developing nation and a resident of that nation.
- The student must either already be enrolled in a PhD programme at a university or research institution situated in a developing nation or have received pre-acceptance to begin a doctoral programme there in the first academic year following the period of selection.
- The student’s age is not a restriction.
- It is highly recommended that female students be nominated.
- The fellowship will be authorised for one year at a time and is renewable each year based on the awardee’s satisfactory progress. It will end when the recipient completes the PhD programme or after four years, whichever comes first.
How to Apply for IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program?
Application instructions for the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program are as follows:
(1) Click here to sign up for the International Mathematical Union Platform.
(2) Complete the online application form by clicking this.
Prepare the necessary materials for the selection procedure: (Only PDF-formatted files may be posted.)
- Statement from nominator
- Scanned copy of student (nominee) passport.
- Official letter of pre-acceptance in the PhD Program.
- Budget of total expenses requested.
- PhD Supervisor CV.
- Research Project.
- Two letters of recommendation which both cannot come from the nominator.
- Transcripts of coursework (certified copies (e.g. stamped by the university)) of the student:
- A) BSc degree or equivalent.
- B) MSc degree or equivalent.
- Nominee CV.
- Nominee letter of motivation, research project and future plans of the student.
- Nominator declaration.
- PhD Supervisor declaration.
- Nominee (student) declaration.
Visit the official website to learn more about the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program.