Here we can see, “IMB International PhD Program”
Start your educational journey in Germany. happy news IMB’s global PhD program is now accepting applications. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
International students can apply for fully supported scholarships through the IMB International PhD Program in 2022–2023. The costs of lodging and transportation are covered by this program.
International students can enrol in the IMB International PhD Program and pursue their PhD in Mainz, Germany. Talented and enthusiastic students have the opportunity to undertake PhD studies at the cutting edge of modern biology through the International PhD Program (IPP). Program projects address significant challenges related to the overall theme of Gene Regulation, Epigenetics, and Genome Stability.
Our groups offer a broad range of expertise in applied physics, biochemistry, genetics, cell and developmental biology, bioinformatics, and systems biology. You can research with us using CRISPR/Cas, NGS, gene network modelling, mass spectrometry, or super-resolution microscopy. The Institute of Molecular Biology, a recently founded centre of excellence in the life sciences, oversees the program. Organizations taking part are located at:
- Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB).
- Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU).
- University Medical Centre (UMC).
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): IMB
- Study in: Mainz, Germany
- Deadline: May 03, 2022 / November 26, 2021
- Courses Offered:
- Systems biology
- Applied physics
- Cell and developmental biology
The costs of lodging and travel are covered by the IMB International PhD Program.
Eligibility Criteria for IMB International PhD Program
Candidates must meet each of the requirements listed below in order to be eligible for the IMB International PhD Program:
- Information required for application (click here to download an example)
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Details of your degrees (BSc, MSc).
- Information about any other post-graduate degrees, honours, awards, or distinctions (description with a maximum of 250 words).
- Information on studying abroad to conduct research (if any).
- Details of past research experiences.
- A list of your conference contributions and publications (PubMed format, 300 words maximum) (title of presentation, date and location of the conference).
- Which groups—up to five may be chosen—you are interested in working with. Note that not all groups participate in every call for projects.
- A motivational statement outlining your aims in science, your interest in the IPP, and your chosen groups (maximum of 300 words).
The following PDF files will need to be uploaded, according to the request:
- Curriculum vitae (max size 3 MB).
- A single file (max size 4 MB) containing:
– University studies as far as completed.
(including certificates of qualification and transcripts of records)
– English language test certificate (not mandatory, only if available).
– High school certificate (if available).
How to Apply for IMB International PhD Program?
Please follow the crucial instructions below to apply for this scholarship:
- Online registration from here.
Register online by providing at least two referees’ information as well as your contact information. Senior scientists who are group leaders or professors at a university or research organisation should serve as referees. These officials should be familiar with you.
- Online application form.
You will receive an email with a link to your customised online application form as soon as you register. This link can be found towards the bottom of a how-to instruction. You will be asked to submit the necessary data and paperwork on the application form.
We strongly urge you to gather the relevant data before starting because the form cannot be saved. The form can then have texts placed into it as needed. English must be used to complete the application.
- Interview days.
From June 24 to June 26, 2021, interviews will be held in Mainz with approximately 25 to 30 shortlisted candidates. Over the course of three days, the interviews will take place and will involve presentations by the Group Leaders and the applicants as well as in-depth interviews in the group(s) you might envision working with. The IPP pays for lodging and travel expenses, including international travel.
Visit the official website to learn more about the IMB International PhD Program.