Humber Blackboard: is the main Learning Management System at Humber College. It lets the school move away from traditional classrooms and into the digital world.
How to log into humber blackboard
Learn.humber.ca is where you need to log in to get to your Blackboard course site.
- If this is your first time logging in, the ITS Service desk will give you a temporary password. You will be asked to change your password after you log in.
- You will see a login like this on the site learn.humber.ca.
- Enter your username (the same as MyHumber) and then add @humber.ca after the username and hit Next.
- Your password will be asked for in the next field.
- Finally, log into humber blackboard.
- Click on Courses in the menu on the left side of the page.
- Click on your specific course code in the middle of the page when you see the course listed. If you click on this, you will go to the site for that course.
- When you get to the course site, look to the left for a menu. This is your course navigation menu.
- Check for things like a “Getting started” section, “Announcements,” or “Critical path” when you first start your course. You might have questions about what to expect or when things might happen in your course. These tools will help you find answers.
Need Humber Blackboard help?
If you get an error message that says “your credentials can’t be verified,” it could be because your password is wrong. The password is case-sensitive, so you have to type it in exactly as it was made.
If you still can’t get into Blackboard, you might need to call the IT Support Centre at 416-675-6622 ext. 8888 (press option 0) for help.
Blackboard is easy to use, but this video will show you how to set up and use your account.
Humber blackboard collaborate
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a high-quality web conferencing platform that is built into your Humber Blackboard course and works through your browser. It gives you, your teacher, and your classmates a more collaborative, interactive, and mobile way to learn.
Through Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, your teacher may set up webinars that happen in real time. You may also have to go to an online session as a student. Follow these steps to find out how to get to the session from the Humber Blackboard site for the course.
Keep in mind that your teacher decides which tools you can use. If you can’t use this tool, your teacher may have turned it off.
How to join a blackboard collaborate ultra session
- If your teacher has set up a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session for a certain time, you will need to log into Humber Blackboard during that time and click on Blackboard Collaborate Ultra on the left-hand menu bar, as shown in the image below:
- Click on the session name that your teacher has made:
- You will now be put into the Blackboard Collaborate Session. If you are accessing a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session for the first time, you will be given an orientation tour, as shown below:
- After the tour, you’ll be asked to set up your microphone and webcam so you can start working together, as shown in the image below. Make sure your microphone, speakers, and web cam are all set up.
- For your course, you will now join the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra webinar.
- Once you have joined a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session, click on the white action arrow in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- This will bring up the chat screen, where you can see what other students or your teacher have said.
- Put your message in the box that says “Say something…” at the bottom of the screen and press the Enter key on your keyboard to send it.
Missed a session with your instructor and they have posted a recording?
Here’s how to get there.
- When you click the menu, the side menu will pop out.
- Click Recordings to see all the recordings that are listed.