Here we can see, “Helmut Veith Stipend for Females in Computer Science”
Continue your education in Austria. happy news The Helmut Veith Stipend is open right now. We shall go into great detail regarding the Helmut Veith Stipend in this article, including its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
For overseas students, the Helmut Veith Stipend for Females in Computer Science 2023–2024 is a fully paid grant. This award is available for master’s degree programs. The scholarship includes Waiver of all TU Wien tuition fees and an annual stipend of EUR 6000 for up to two years.
This scholarship honors the memory of a distinguished computer scientist who contributed to the disciplines of software engineering, logic in computer science, computer security, and computer-aided verification. A steadfast supporter and mentor for women in computer science, Helmut Veith unfortunately departed away in March 2016.
The recipients of financing are required to make good academic progress and to live in Austria for the duration of their study. The TU Wien, Wolfgang Pauli Institute, and donations from the late Helmut Veith’s family and friends helped establish the Helmut Veith Stipend.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): TU Wien
- Study in: Austria
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below
- Program Period: 2 years
- Deadline: November 30, 2022 (annual)
- Master in Logic and Computation
- Master in Business Informatics
- Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
- Master in Data Science
- Master in Media and Human-Centered Computing
The Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science offers the following advantages to the recipient:
- Waiver of all tuition fees at TU Wien.
- EUR 6000 annually for duration of up to two years.
Eligibility Criteria for Helmut Veith Stipend
To be eligible for the Helmut Veith Stipend, a candidate must meet each of the conditions listed below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or computer science (first cycle of Bologna), or an equivalent qualification
- Only candidates who have been unconditionally admitted to the master’s program will be given money.
- Candidates must be eligible for admission to one of the English-taught master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien.
- Extensive familiarity with and enthusiasm for (at least) one of Helmut Veith’s research areas:
- Formal Methods and Verification.
- Logic in Computer Science.
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence.
- Computer Security.
- Complexity Theory.
How to Apply for Helmut Veith Stipend 2022?
To receive the Helmut Veith Stipend for Women in Computer Science, please follow the instructions below:
The following records are necessary:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter outlining the kind of money sought by the applicant and any other information the applicant considers pertinent for the application
- Motivation letter outlining the student’s goals for enrolling in the program for Logic and Computation, the need for funds, and which academic groups the student would be interested in working with for their master’s thesis.
- Certificates and/or diplomas (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher). A preliminary certificate (stating the type of degree and the anticipated graduation date) signed and stamped by the degree-granting university must be submitted if the final academic certificate is not yet available at the time of the application deadline.
- Reports on university examinations (transcripts)
- Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation)
- Copy of passport
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar)
Documents that aren’t in German or English need to be translated into those languages with a certified translation. Your application must be sent electronically as a single PDF document to ta.sc-cigol@retsam with the subject “Application.” The PDF file must be named “document.pdf.”
Visit the official website to learn more about the Helmut Veith Stipend for Women in Computer Science.