Application for the Helen Hay Whitney Student Program in US Students in USA – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Helen Hay Whitney Program in USA.
Study there in the USA. happy news There are open Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships right now. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
A fully financed postdoctoral scholarship for overseas candidates is the Helen Hay Whitney Fellowship 2023. This scholarship pays up to US$60,000 in annual financial aid.
For the academic year 2023, the Helen Hay Whitney Fellowship is accepting applications from overseas students who wish to pursue postdoctoral degrees. This scholarship pays up to US$60,000 in annual financial aid.
International students can apply for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships to undertake postdoctoral studies in American colleges. In order to realise its ultimate goal of increasing the number of creative, qualified, and devoted medical scientists, the Foundation offers young individuals with enough financial support to support their careers in biological or medical research.
The competition for the Helen Hay Whitney fellowship is fierce. Less than 5% of those who apply for us are accepted. Please be aware that due to the volume of requests received, the Foundation is unable to critique ineffective projects.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Helen Hay Whitney Foundation
- Study in: United States
- Course Offered: Biomedical Sciences
- Program Period: 3 years
- Deadline: June 15, 2022, 5:00pm EST.
The following advantages are offered to recipients of Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships:
- When the fellowship is activated, the Foundation pays for the Fellow’s and his or her family’s transportation to the fellowship location.
- The two-day Annual Fellows Meetings that are held in November also need travel fees, which are also covered by the Foundation.
- Each child receives a Dependent Child Allowance of $1,500 annually.
- The shipping of household goods is free of charge.
- The stipend and expense allowance as of right now are:
Eligibility Criteria for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships
Candidates for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships must meet all of the criteria listed below in order to be eligible:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
Note: If you are a foreign citizen (including one from a conflict zone), you need to have local residency status and work authorization in the nation where the fellowship you are applying for is located.
- Candidates who have completed their Ph.D., M.D., or comparable degree requirements and are looking for postdoctoral study in basic biomedical research.
- Candidates who have earned a PhD (or D.Phil. or equivalent) no more than two years before to the deadline, or an M.D. no more than three years prior to the deadline, and who have no more than one year of postdoctoral research experience at the time of the application deadline.
- Foreign nationals may be granted fellowships for research conducted in US laboratories exclusively, and it is anticipated that the majority of applicants will be based in North America at the time of application.
- Applicants who intend to hold the fellowship for a long time in the lab where they have previously completed comprehensive predoctoral or postdoctoral training will typically not be taken into consideration by the Foundation. A considerable change of setting is advised as the fellowship’s goal is to broaden postdoctoral training and experience.
- As required by US Immigration, foreign students must get the proper visa papers.
- “Postdoctoral laboratory training” does not include clinical house staff training.
- Applications from seasoned researchers or well qualified fellows won’t be taken into account. Fellowships are exclusively available for early postdoctoral training.
- Each year in November, the Annual Meeting of Fellows takes place. During this time, each third-year Fellow presents the findings of their research. Due to the chance for scientific exchange and exposure to biological specialties other than the Fellows’ own, this gathering is a crucial part of the Fellowship Program. Acceptance of the fellowship is contingent upon attendance at the entire meeting.
How to Apply for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships?
Please click the link to the official website at the bottom. However, the following guidelines should be followed in order to apply for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research:
- Before attempting to complete the online application submission from this page, carefully read the instructions.
- Download the Reference Letter Template, distribute it to your four referees, and ask them to complete reference letters for you. Once all four letters have been completed, send them all to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format with the appropriate file name.
- Download items 1-6 of the application form. Once finished, upload it along with the other items required.
IMPORTANT: Following the submission of the 2-page application cover, the zipped file must be uploaded right away (it should NOT be uploaded at a later time or date).
- Fill out this application form.
Visit the official website to learn more about Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research.