Here we can see, “Gates Cambridge Scholarship”
Continually study in the UK. happy news There is an open Gates Cambridge Scholarship right now. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
For overseas students, the Gates Cambridge Award 2022–2023 is a fully financed scholarship. This award is available for graduate and doctoral study. This scholarship offers a stipend of £17,848 annually, health insurance, up to £2,000 for academic advancement, and a family allowance of up to £10,120.
The University of Cambridge received the largest single gift ever made to a UK university—US$210 million—from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in October 2000, resulting in the creation of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program.
For the academic year 2022, Gates Cambridge will provide 80 full scholarships to deserving non-UK applicants who wish to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject offered by the University of Cambridge. There will be about 25 awards available in the US round and 55 awards available in the international round, with about two-thirds of these awards going to PhD candidates.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): University of Cambridge
- Study in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Areas: All the available courses at University of Cambridge except the courses listed below
- Program Period: Two years for masters and three years for PhD
- For US Citizens: October 13, 2021
- For International Students: Dependent on your course – either December 2, 2021 or January 6, 2022 (see Course Directory)
Courses which are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
The following advantages are given to the recipient of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
- The appropriate amount of the university composition fee
- A maintenance grant for a single student (£17,848 for 12 months at the rate of 2021–22; pro rata for courses lasting less than 12 months); for PhD researchers, the grant is for up to 4 years.
- At the start and finish of the route, there is just one economical single flight.
- Costs of immigration health surcharge and inbound visas
- Academic development funding – Depending on the length of your course, you may receive up to £2,000 to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – for one child, up to £10,120; for two or more children, up to £14,440 (2021-22 rate). A partner is not given any funding.
- Fieldwork – In order to maintain your standard maintenance allowance while conducting fieldwork for your PhD, you may apply (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity funding – If necessary, you may apply to pause your studies for up to six months while still receiving your maintenance stipend.
- Hardship funding – for unforeseeable problems
Eligibility Criteria for Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Candidates for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship must meet all of the criteria listed below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Academic excellence.
- You ought to be able to convince someone to pursue a specific postgraduate degree at Cambridge.
- A commitment to improving the lives of others.
- A capacity for leadership.
- To pursue a full-time postgraduate degree, candidates must be citizens of nations other than the UK.
How to Apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
For Gates Cambridge Scholarship applications, kindly follow the guidelines below:
- Enroll in a course, request a college spot, and complete the Gates Cambridge portion of the financing application.
- Create a profile on the website.
- Fill in your personal information
- Submit these documents:
- Gates Cambridge Statement: Please explain why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you fit the four primary requirements in no more than 3000 characters (about 500 words).
- Research proposal (PhD applicants only)
- Gates reference: Applicants for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship must submit a reference demonstrating their compatibility with the scholarship in addition to two academic references for acceptance.
- Answer the questions on the application.
- Submit the application
Visit the website to learn more about the Gates Cambridge Scholarship.