Here we can see, “DAAD Scholarship”
Read this page thoroughly if you want to study in Germany on a scholarship. Because we will go into great detail regarding the DAAD Scholarship 2023 in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
A fully financed award for international students is the DAAD Scholarship 2023–2024. This scholarship can be used to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree at a top German university. For graduates or doctoral candidates, DAAD scholarships will cover a monthly payment of 861 euros or 1,200 euros.
The sustained growth of their nations depends heavily on highly qualified individuals who are connected to international partners. The best assurance that there will be less poverty, greater education, and better health for everybody rests with them. The DAAD supports the professional development of specialists from developing and newly industrialised nations through its development-focused postgraduate study programs.
The scholarships give foreign graduates of all disciplines from developing and recently industrialised nations the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a public or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional circumstances, a doctoral degree, and to earn a degree from a German university (Master’s/PhD).
DAAD Scholarship 2023 Summary
- Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
- Institution: DAAD
- Study in: Germany
- Courses Offered:
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- You can also see the complete list of available Postgraduate Courses.
- Program Period: Between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the chosen study program.
- DAAD Scholarship Deadline: Depending on chosen study program; please check deadlines here.
DAAD Scholarship Coverage
The perks of a 2023 DAAD Scholarship for Masters and PhD Study in Germany include:
- Payments range from 861 euros per month for graduates to 1,200 euros per month for doctoral students, depending on academic level.
- Allowance for travel, unless the cost is covered by the home nation or another financial source.
- Payments for personal liability, health, and accident insurance.
- One-off study allowance.
The following extra advantages are possible for scholarship recipients in specific situations:
- Monthly rent subsidy.
- Contribution for any possible university tuition fees (up to €500 each term).
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship 2023
Candidates must fulfil the requirements listed below to be eligible for a DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD studies in Germany:
- Required Languages: English or German.
- The instruction language for foreign programs is English. You are typically required to present a TOEFL or IELTS score as proof of your English language proficiency.
- German is used as the instruction language for other programs. Typically, you must provide a German language certificate, such as the DSH or TestDaF.
- Eligible Countries: Click here for list of eligible developing countries.
- Candidates hold a master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (typically a four-year program).
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience.
- After receiving their training or scholarship, candidates are expected to assume social responsibility, start and support change processes in their personal and professional environments, and demonstrate that their motivation is development-related.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2023?
Please follow the steps below to apply for a DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD studies in Germany:
Can you Apply for more than one course under DAAD scholarship?
For as many as three courses, you may apply. In the DAAD application forms (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany), please identify courses in the order of priority if you are applying to more than one course. Do not change the priorities in the relevant application form!
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship:
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- CV with current date and personally signed (please use the sample Europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/).
- Personal letter of motivation with current date, two pages maximum, and references to present employment and preferred postgraduate program(s).
- IMPORTANT: You must send one motivation letter outlining your reasons for applying for these particular courses and why you prioritised them when you apply for more than one postgraduate course (a maximum of three courses).
- Recommendation letter from your workplace; the letter must be on letterhead, contain a signature, be official, and be recent (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) attesting to at least two years of relevant work experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application, as well as, if at all feasible, a promise that your current employer will continue hiring you when you return home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Academic transcript copies with the grading scale included (If necessary, a certified translation)
- The People’s Republic of China applicants must provide an APS Certificate with their application materials.
Note: Additional documentation may be needed for some courses. Please refer to the applicable course description in the brochure and on the relevant websites for more information. For consideration, the complete applications must be submitted in either English or German.
Step by Step Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarship:
- Pick courses that suit your interests. (You may only apply for three courses.)
- Apply to universities offering that courses.
- You email the colleges your whole application(s) along with the aforementioned documentation.
- A DAAD scholarship selection committee makes recommendations for possible applicants.
- The DAAD will get in touch with the suggested applicants to request that they upload their whole applications to the DAAD Portal. (DAAD will send an email with a link to the DAAD Portal.)
- The final results of the selection process will be announced, and the recommended candidates will be informed.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you have a copy of every application document on hand because, if you are recommended for a DAAD scholarship, you will need to upload those documents (as PDF files) to the DAAD Portal.
Visit the official website to learn more about the DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD Germany.