Application for the Clark Art Institute Student Program in US Students in USA – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Clark Art Institute Program in USA.
International students from all over the world are eligible for the Clark Fellowship if they plan to conduct postdoctoral research at The Clark Art Institute USA during the 2023–2024 academic year. Each year, Clark offers between eleven and sixteen scholarships, the majority of which are given out for a single academic semester and range in length from one to ten months.
Scholars, critics, curators, and museum professionals from all around the world are encouraged to suggest initiatives that deepen and improve our understanding of the visual arts and its significance to culture. The Institute combines a public art gallery with a complex array of academic and research initiatives, as well as a sizeable art history library. An international hub for discussion of the origins and nature of art is Clark.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Clark Art Institute
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Visual culture.
- Program Period: Ranging in duration from one to ten months.
- Deadline: October 15, 2022
Depending on financial need and earnings, Clark Art Institute Fellowships are given out up to a maximum of $30,000 per semester. The Internal Revenue Service’s tax laws will be taken into account for determining the Fellows’ tax liabilities to the United States government on a case-by-case basis. The scholar and any accompanying family members will be compensated for their travel to and from the Clark.
In a recently renovated and expanded late nineteenth-century mansion across the street from the Clark campus, fellows are often given an apartment. There are six apartments available, with additional communal areas, with sizes ranging from one to two bedrooms. Each fully furnished apartment is connected to the Clark’s computer network. The Clark will offer lodging and services, excluding long-distance phone. No animals are allowed at the Scholars’ Residence. There is no smoking allowed inside any Clark structures.
In the Manton Research Center, fellows are given a private office that is accessible from 8 am to 11 pm (early closing times on weekends). Upon request, computers and IT support will be given.
Eligibility Criteria for Clark Art Institute Fellowship
The following requirements must be met by applicants in order to be eligible for the Clark Art Institute Fellowship:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- They might have backgrounds in academia, museums, or other fields of business.
- Candidates must have a PhD or provide proof of similar professional experience.
- They could work full- or part-time jobs, or they could be freelance researchers, curators, or critics.
- Outstanding writing abilities.
- Excellent research abilities include the ability to perform empirical research on your own, as well as the ability to undertake qualitative research (such as conducting interviews and qualitative analysis) and, ideally, quantitative research as well.
How to Apply for Clark Art Institute Fellowship?
To apply for this fellowship, please follow the instructions below:
- Completing the application
- Upload a 500-character summary of your proposal idea.
- Note the contact information for your referees (please note that they must write a one-page letter to email@example.com).
- Please send the following requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org after clicking the “submit” button.
- An academic resume (pdf; 3 double-spaced pages or fewer).
- A statement in English (pdf; 3 double-spaced pages or less) outlining the fundamental presumptions and commitments that drive your endeavour. It is crucial to place the project within the framework of previous research, to highlight any novel or unusual aspects of the subject or methodology, and to discuss the disciplinary need for the project in question.
Visit the official Clark Art Institute website to learn more about the fellowship.