Application for the Banting Postdoctoral Student Program in Canada Students in Canada – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Banting Postdoctoral Program in Canada.
Research should be done in Canada. happy news The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships application process is currently available. In this article, we’ll go into great detail regarding this scholarship program, its advantages, and how to apply.
For international students, the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program 2023 is a fully supported award. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are worth $70,000 each year for two years to the recipient.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program offers support to the top postdoctoral candidates from throughout the world who will significantly advance the nation’s social, economic, and scientific advancement.
Each year, 70 new two-year fellowships will be granted, equally split among Canada’s three government granting organisations: The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
By attracting top-tier Canadian and foreign postdoctoral researchers at a level of support that is internationally competitive, the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships aim to develop world-class research capacity. In order to develop top postdoctoral talent’s leadership potential and position them for success as tomorrow’s research leaders and to positively contribute to Canada’s economic, social, and research-based growth through a research-intensive career, the goal is to attract and retain top postdoctoral talent on a national and international level.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Host Institutes (Canadian and foreign universities, affiliated research hospitals, colleges, and not-for-profit organizations with a strong research mandate and capacity.)
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
- No of Scholarships: 70 fellowships are awarded annually
- Program Period: Two years
- Deadline: September 21, 2022
The following advantages are offered to recipients of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program:
- The candidate will get funding for two years up to $70,000 per year.
- Each year, 70 fellowships are given out.
Eligibility Criteria for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program
The following requirements must be satisfied by applicants in order to be eligible for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- For the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program for 2022–2023, candidates must meet or have met all of the following prerequisites for a PhD, PhD equivalent, or health professional degree:
- The period between September 15, 2019, and September 30, 2023, and
- Before the award’s start date.
- Candidates who at the time of application have not completed all criteria for their degree must provide proof by October 15, 2023.
- The eligibility window only applies to the most recent PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree for applicants who have earned more than one of these degrees.
- Please read more about the prerequisites here.
How to Apply for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program?
To apply for this fellowship, please follow the instructions below:
- You should first check here to see if the institution you want to apply to can host a Banting Fellow. Additionally, you can see a list of Canadian academic institutions and their research specialties on the Universities Canada website by clicking Here if you are hoping to be hosted at a Canadian institution.
- Message the supervisor or host institution of your choice.
- Complete cooperation with the possible host institution is required when submitting applications.
- Applications must have the institution’s president’s approval (equivalent or designate).
- The documentation needed for referees and the institution they recommend receiving the applicant’s application from to compose their separate letters are the applicant’s responsibility.
- The following topics should be covered by applicants and their host institution early in the application process:
- The fellowship appointment’s specifics
- Any perks provided to the postdoctoral researcher at Banting
- Any financial responsibilities related to the appointment (union dues, insurance premiums, etc.)
- The accessibility of any research and/or additional resources
- Postdoctoral researchers’ obligations and rights
- Any additional institutional rules that would be relevant to a Banting postdoctoral researcher
- Create a ResearchNet and Canadian Common CV (CCV) account.
- To register, make sure you have the following or click one of the links below: Account on ResearchNet – The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program utilises a web-based application tool and grant opportunity/decision database.
- CIHR PIN – Required personal identification number for this program’s online application.
- CCV account – a web-based application that enables you to maintain your CV data in a single repository and produce CVs as necessary for all associated organisations
- Click here to launch a ResearchNet application.
- The following forms must be completed by the applicant:
- Identify an area of research
- identify participants
- Fulfillment of degree requirements forms
- Identify referees
- Enter degree information.
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents
- Research proposal
- Institutional letter of endorsement
- Supervisor’s statement
- The following forms must be completed by the applicant:
Here is further information.
Visit the official website to learn more about The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program.