You must frequently check your Lausd email account for vital notifications. Instead of going to mail.lausd.net to access your email, you now go to mailbox.lausd.net when using a web browser (such as Safari, Chrome, or Firefox).
Enter your entire email address, complete with “…@lausd.net” (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org), to log in.
How to log into your lausd email via web
- Go to mailbox.lausd.net in your web browser.
- Enter your LAUSD email address.
- Enter your password.
- Office 365 mailbox login completed successfully.
- Your LAUSD mailbox will be available after you log in successfully.
Every semester, students must use a four-digit pin they get from their teacher to reset their LAUSD email password.
You only need to re-add your account using the settings on your device if you use LAUSD email on a phone or other mobile device (learn more about how to do this below).
How to find lausd student id number
The 10 character field on your LAUSD student ID is made up of 6 digits, 1 letter, and 3 digits. Other student data from the District or vendor sources can be identified as belonging to the right student with the use of LAUSD StudentID’s identity service.
The StudentID application gives each District student a special Student ID, enabling the sharing of student data throughout systems and academic years.
On Schoology, you may locate your LAUSD student ID. See the video down below.
Here’s how to quickly locate your LAUSD student ID on Schoology.
Access to Student ID must be requested.
- Log in by going to https://studentid.lausd.net. You will not be granted access, but you will be added as a “Inactive” user instead. An automatic email verifying this will be sent to you.
- Download form StudentID Access Request Form (PDF).
- Send the completed form to the Student Information Support Branch after filling it out, signing it, and getting your supervisor to sign it.
- The form will be processed by the Student Information Support Branch in two or three business days.
- When your account is activated, an automated email will be sent to you.
How to access lausd email on outlook
It’s normally simple to access your LAUSD Exchange email account using Outlook. Depending on the version of Outlook you use, there may be different steps to follow.
- Open Outlook.
- Click on the Tools menu.
- Select Account Settings.
- On the Email tab, click on New… to add an account.
- Write your name exactly as you want it to appear on emails you send to others. Then, input your entire LAUSD email address, your account password, and your password again to double-check it.
- If everything is accurate, Outlook will display a screen that reads “Congratulations!” Microsoft Exchange has been successfully configured to use your email account.
- To finish the procedure, choose Finish. Outlook will start downloading data from your account, which you’ll notice. It can take some time to synchronise everything, depending on how many email messages, calendar events, and address book entries you have on the Exchange server.
How to access lausd email on Mac
In order to configure Outlook for Mac, do the following:
- Open Outlook for Mac. Click Accounts from the Tools menu. If this is your first account in Outlook, click Exchange Account under Add an Account.
- Click Exchange after clicking + in the lower-left corner of the Accounts dialogue box if you’ve already created an email account for a different email address.
- Please enter your email address (Joe.Smith@lausd.net) on the Enter, your Exchange account details page.
- Make sure User Name and Password is selected under Authentication.
- Put your full email address (Joe.Smith@lausd.net) in the User name field.
- Click Add Account after making sure Configure automatically is chosen.
- Outlook will search the internet once you click Add Account to locate your email server settings. Select the Always use my response for this server check box in the dialogue box that asks if you wish to let the server configure your settings, and then click Allow.
- The account you created will appear in the left pane of the Accounts dialogue box if Outlook is successful in setting up your account. The Accounts dialogue box must be closed.
How to set up Lausd email account for your android phone
For instructions on setting up your LAUSD mailbox, read on (after migration to Office 365).
- From your android phone, select Settings…Accounts…Add account.
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync should be chosen. Select Next after entering your password and LAUSD email address.
- Make sure your LAUSD email address is entered in the DomainUsername field. You should enter outlook.office365.com as the server name.
- Click OK on the subsequent screen.
- Leave the default options selected on the following screen and press OK.
- You’ll see the screen below. Hit “Activate.”
- The initial set-up is finished. Select “Done”
- Open the Email app to access your Office 365 mailbox.
How to set up your LAUSD mail account on iPhone
To access your Office 365 mailbox on an Apple iOS device, such as an iPhone or iPad, follow these instructions.
- Go to the main screen and choose Settings.
- Select Calendar, Contacts, and Mail.
- Click Add Account.
- Choose Exchange.
- Fill out the Email form with your hosted LAUSD email address, the Password field with your LAUSD password, and the Description field with LAUSD Mailbox. Then select Next.
- Select the data you want to synchronise with your Office 365 account on the following screen, and then click Save.
- You’ll return to the Mail, Contacts, and Calendar interface. If needed, you can change the mail settings to suit your tastes.
- You can access your LAUSD mailbox by opening the Mail app by tapping the Home button on your device.
If you are unsure about your LAUSD user email address or password, call the LAUSD IT Helpdesk at (213) 241-5200 or submit an online service request at itdscweb.lausd.net for technical support.
Lausd student password set up
By going to our Single Sign-on page, you can activate a user account, modify how your data is kept in the District’s global address book, change or reset your password, and more.
- Go to mylogin.lausd.net in your browser.
- Choose Student
- Choose “Activate your Account or Reset your Password” next.
- Read the LAUSD policy, concur with it, and accept it.
- On the next page, input your
- District ID
- Date of Birth
- Choose “Next”
- Input and re-enter a secure password. Click “Submit.”
Give the new password for your LAUSD email up to 10 minutes to take effect for Office365 accounts. Update the new password on all of your tablets and mobile devices.