Application for the AAUW Student Program in US Students in USA – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the AAUW Program in USA.
Start your undergraduate studies in the United States. happy news The AAUW Fellowship Program is open right now. We will describe the AAUW fellowship program, its application benefits, and its step-by-step application process in this article.
The 2023–2024 AAUW Fellowship Program is a fully financed fellowship. The American Association of University Women, USA, is the organization providing this scholarship. All nations of the world have students studying abroad who are eligible to apply. Only graduate and postgraduate studies in any university-offered subject are eligible for this award. The AAUW Fellowship Program offers annual awards of $20,000 to $50,000, subject to renewal requirements.
Women who are neither citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States are eligible to apply for international fellowships from the American Association of University Women (AAUW) to pursue full-time study or research in the country. At approved institutions, graduate and postgraduate studies are supported.
The International Fellowships program gave out its inaugural fellowship in 1917 with the original goal of giving Latin American women opportunities for graduate and postgraduate study in the United States. More than 3,600 women from more than 150 countries have received International Fellowships as a result of the program’s expansion to include women from all around the world.
- Level of Study: Masters, Doctoral, Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): The American Association of University Women
- Study in: USA
- Deadline: November 15, 2022
- Program Period: Fellowship year: July 1, 2023–June 30, 2024
- Business and Finance Studies
- Computer Science& IT
- Creative Arts and Design
- Social Studies and Media
- Environmental Sciences
- General Sciences
- Health Studies
- Agriculture and Veterinary
- Applied and Pure Sciences
- Architecture& Construction
- Education and Training
- Mining and Oil & Gas Operations
- Travel and Hospitality
- Cultural and Critical Studies
- Regional Studies
- Religious Studies
- Film & Television
- Gender and women’s studies
- Global studies
The following advantages are offered to recipients of AAUW Fellowships:
- Award Amounts:
- Master’s/first professional degree: $20,000
- Doctoral: $25,000
- Postdoctoral: $50,000
- International Fellowship funds are available for:-
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10 percent of the fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria for AAUW Fellowship
The following requirements must be met by applicants in order to be eligible for an AAUW Fellowship:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries except USA
- Possess a nonimmigrant visa if resident in the U.S., or have citizenship in a nation other than the U.S. Women who presently have the status of U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another nation, or who anticipate doing so during the fellowship year, are ineligible.
- Possess an academic degree (obtained in the US or overseas) that, when finished by November 15, 2022, would be comparable to a US bachelor’s degree.
- During the fellowship year, intend to give the suggested academic plan her complete attention.
- Intends to go back to her native nation to pursue a job there.
- Be able to speak English well. The applicant must submit a most recent ETS TOEFL* (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score unless she can show that English is her first language (written statement required), that she earned her secondary diploma or undergraduate degree from an English-speaking institution (transcript required), or that she will have finished one semester of full-time study in her discipline at an English-speaking college or university between November 2019 and November 2021 (transcript required). Institutional TOEFL scores and results from other English language testing programs (like IELTS) won’t be accepted. For the paper-based test, a minimum score of 550 is required. For the internet-based test, a minimum score of 79 is required.
- Doctoral and master’s applicants must have submitted applications by November 15, 2022, to approved institutions of higher learning for the fellowship year and must include the institution’s name in the international fellowship application.
- Fellowships for master’s or first professional degrees are available for J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., and other professional degrees as well as medical degrees like M.D., D.D.S.
- Doctoral degrees, like a Ph.D. or an Ed.D., are eligible for doctoral scholarships.
- By November 15, 2021, postdoctoral candidates must have a doctorate that is categorised as a research degree, such as a Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., or M.F.A., and they must also state the location of their study.
- Doctoral and master’s applicants must be enrolled at an American institution that is accredited by the U.S. throughout the fellowship year.
- GWI members may be eligible for a small number of prizes for study or research abroad in any nation other than their own. Keep in mind that international divisions of American institutions are regarded as being located abroad.
- The applicant must be engaged in full-time study or research. No partial year of study or research is financially supported by an international fellowship. Programs that wrap up before the fellowship year’s April are not eligible.
- Doctoral fellowships and master’s/first professional degrees supplement conventional classroom-based programmes of study at colleges or institutions. The financing for online or distance learning programmes, as well as degrees that heavily rely on remote learning, is not available through this fellowship programme. AAUW will have the last say on what qualifies as distant learning for the purposes of these fellowships.
How to Apply for AAUW Fellowship?
Please follow the crucial steps below to apply for an AAUW Fellowship:
- Prepare the following documents:
- In your pursuit of intellectual endeavours, three instructors or professional colleagues who are familiar with you, your work, and your academic background may serve as recommenders.
- m dossier services.
- Proof of highest degree.
- Proof of current enrollment (currently-enrolled applications only).
- Proof of bachelor’s degree.
- Proof of doctorate or M.F.A. degree (postdoctoral applicants only).
- Official report of TOEFL test scores or waiver request.
- Letter of admission.
- Pass the eligibility quiz to be reviewed by the selection panel.
- Complete the application then submit it.
Visit the AAUW Fellowship official website to learn more.